Sign in to follow this  
GrayBrad

Parasite Eve

Parasite Eve is one of those classics that I grew up with in the 90s. I remember quitting the first part mid way as I found it to be quite boring. Years later, I got my hand on Parasite Eve 2 and it got me hooked. The graphics were bound and leaps ahead of the first part, the game play was crisp and thanks to Final Fantasy 8, I finally understood what a role playing game is.

The game had a good story, amazing combat system and inventory management. The biggest plus for a young teen like was the female protagonist and the amazing bathing scene. I actually saved the game before that beautiful bathing scene and kept on playing it again and again. Anyone here played the game?

To be honest, I purchased Parasite Eve 2 for the shower scene alone. Hahaha! When I reached the shower scene sequence, I stopped playing hahaha!

I didn't know what to expect when I purchased PE2. I didn't even know that it was a horror game. That's why in the first few minutes, I was very much surprised. I didn't know that I'd be dealing with monsters and jumpscares! I just knew that I would be controlling a hot blonde babe!

But all in all, it was a unique and fun experience.

22 hours ago, limberg said:

To be honest, I purchased Parasite Eve 2 for the shower scene alone. Hahaha! When I reached the shower scene sequence, I stopped playing hahaha!

I didn't know what to expect when I purchased PE2. I didn't even know that it was a horror game. That's why in the first few minutes, I was very much surprised. I didn't know that I'd be dealing with monsters and jumpscares! I just knew that I would be controlling a hot blonde babe!

But all in all, it was a unique and fun experience.

True that. But I actually liked the shooting mechanics and the ability to infuse elements to the bullets. I think the game deserves a HD edition or a remake, with two versions, censored and uncensored.

That's a great idea @GrayBrad! I'd love to have a remake of the Parasite Eve games just to be able to see Aya in all her HD glory! Probably I would be able to finish the two games if they were remade now that I know what to expect from them.

I think that a parasite eve game in this day and age will be a breath of fresh air for the horror genre.

I think the first Parasyte Eve's graphics are very good during its release. I just couldn't play the game when I was a kid because I was scared by the game's theme. But now I would like to give it a try again.

46 minutes ago, EfficientNinja said:

I think the first Parasyte Eve's graphics are very good during its release. I just couldn't play the game when I was a kid because I was scared by the game's theme. But now I would like to give it a try again.

I think you should, it's a fun game and a pretty good balance between hard and easy.

One of my all time fave games this one. Sadly, I sucked so hard when I first played not only did I die a dozen or so times on the first boss I also never actually finished it. Those damned golem things.... friggin bullet sponge *inaudible muttering*.

After a few years I came back to play it and owned it so hard I couldn't actually get anything less than B rank=/ Which sucked cos some of the best NewGame+ gear was only accessable if you did a run with C rank or lower>.>

Many more years later I tried playing the first game (had to use an emulator as it never came out here in Oz) but couldn't really bring myself to play much more than an hour or so as the controls and general mechanics sucked HARD. Of course I learned of the third game years and years later and am glad I never tried to play it as it not only fails to be a PE game it fails to be a playable game.

At the very least, the second game deserves an HD/Remaster. But that won't happen if the first doesn't get the HD/Remaster treatment which is unlikely due to Square stating that they consider the game/franchise complete and done and that they don't feel like it would be a worth while investment.

On 10/15/2018 at 3:35 PM, GrayBrad said:

I think you should, it's a fun game and a pretty good balance between hard and easy.

Is it okay to just play the latest Parasite Eve or do I have to play it from the first game? Is it like the Final Fantasy games where every game's story is independent of other games from the series?

I used to play Parasite Eve 2 before when I was a kid. I liked this since it was more on actions and an adventurous game. But I agree that the theme was kinda scary for a kid. If I am not mistaken, this game was released in 1999.  At that time, I was at Elementary level and enjoyed a lot of games. 

On 10/17/2018 at 12:24 PM, EfficientNinja said:

Is it okay to just play the latest Parasite Eve or do I have to play it from the first game? Is it like the Final Fantasy games where every game's story is independent of other games from the series?

Depends on how you feel about lore. Technically all three games are seperate and un-related games. That said, the third game is so unrelated from the first two that it may as well be a whole seperate franchise. 1 and 2 are  similar in that they both have pre-rendered backgrounds and have a similar control scheme and play style whereas the third game completely changes everything (control scheme, visuals, story concept and so on).

Hope that answers your question.

On 10/23/2018 at 6:53 AM, GRAV said:

Depends on how you feel about lore. Technically all three games are seperate and un-related games. That said, the third game is so unrelated from the first two that it may as well be a whole seperate franchise. 1 and 2 are  similar in that they both have pre-rendered backgrounds and have a similar control scheme and play style whereas the third game completely changes everything (control scheme, visuals, story concept and so on).

Hope that answers your question.

Oooh, nice! So it is similar to the Final Fantasy franchise because the games could be considered as standalone games. I guess I would play the latest game first so I would be playing the one with the best graphics first. I guess it would ease me into the series then I'll proceed with the older ones.

Kinda. Most diehard fans of the franchise consider the games to be seperate individual games rather than a joined stroy.

As far as a starting point, I would really advise you start with the first game and avoid the third altogether...  But thats just my opinionXD

Not familiar with this game.  It's based on a Japanese science-fiction horror novel.  Science-fiction and horror?  Not my two favorite things.  But since it was popular enough to be adapted to film, then a manga series and then video games, it must be kind of interesting.  Thanks for introducing me to something new.