Sign in to follow this  
NerdIndeed

Laptop vs Desktop

I am a big laptop user since I find it more convenient as I can bring it anywhere I like. But now, I am starting to think about if I should build a desktop for myself for gaming. A significant advantage of a desktop is you can easily swap components as to your liking to have the maximum performance and cater your needs.

How about you guys? In relation to gaming, which one do you prefer? A laptop or a desktop? Responses are all welcome. Thanks!

Yes If I am into gaming I prefer the desktop  because it can be used for a longer period of time unlike in a laptop that it can easily be drained for just a couple of hours of using. Desktop can really performs well than laptop which makes it more interesting to have.  But still it will solely depends on our views about it.

I'd prefer a desktop if used for gaming. They're much more capable of supporting heavy processing and intensive plays. While there are gaming laptops, I'd rather use the bigger screens in desktops. I'm probably just used to playing using them. 🙂

I choose a laptop for gaming since I need a portability. For the gaming system, it does not matter whether it's a laptop or desktop.  The first thing we need to know are the Specs of the device. 

Dell launched a gaming laptop on its product lineup called the G-series. It has decent specs, comes with either an i5 or an i7, 8 or 16 GB RAM choices. Prices are competitive too considering the device comes with a Nvidia 1050. I'll opt for the G7 that comes with an i7, 16 GB of RAM and an IPS display priced at almost $2000 here in my country. Better save up some cash.

I prefer a desktop overall over a laptop. I don't need a laptop for work and I mostly do extra work at home with the desktop. I like the fact that I can upgrade or replace parts that starts to decay overtime. With laptops, you're only stuck upgrading the ram and storage. Plus in my experience, a laptop starts to show signs of slowing down after 1 or 2 years of use. It's a much better investment to buy a desktop in my opinion for the price of a high end laptop.

I notice that my daughter uses her laptop but my son has a desktop.  She likes the convenience of being able to move around with her laptop from one room to another.  My son has his own room where he can shut out the world! 😀

On 10/9/2018 at 3:12 AM, cmoneyspinner said:

I notice that my daughter uses her laptop but my son has a desktop.  She likes the convenience of being able to move around with her laptop from one room to another.  My son has his own room where he can shut out the world! 😀

Your son and I have some sort of resemblance. I don't really like going out much or have mindless chit-chats with neighbors gossiping about the lives of different people we know. It's usually pointless and doesn't serve any benefit for me at all. Although, if I live in a place full of intellectual people surrounding me, I wouldn't mind taking a step off my house and socialize knowing that at least I'll learn something.

On 10/8/2018 at 9:44 AM, junrose123 said:

Yes If I am into gaming I prefer the desktop  because it can be used for a longer period of time unlike in a laptop that it can easily be drained for just a couple of hours of using. Desktop can really performs well than laptop which makes it more interesting to have.  But still it will solely depends on our views about it.

Same with me as well. I enjoy playing games on desktop. As far as I know, most DOTA players make it a requirement. They won't be able to play as well if they use a laptop. The only exception would probably be gaming laptops. But those are very expensive. 🖥️

If I have to choose in between a laptop and a desktop I will always go for my laptop. the reason is very simple, the amount of mobility that a laptop offers is not possible with a desktop. I don't think there is much of a difference in features and services offered by a laptop and a desktop other than the added advantage of mobility that a laptop offers. I guess an increasing number of people are going for a laptop over the desktop because one has to constantly travel for work these days.