There are some of us that always wait to buy the latest versions of games since they don't want any version that has been used by another person. Are you that type of person that enjoys buying new game CDs or do you buy second hand ones? 

I'm okay with second hand ones. As long as it's working fine, then it's a good purchase. It's nice to have an option to buy used games since they're offered at a cheaper price. Also, I'm not really picky in terms of being the first to use it. 😀

One of my sons is the master when it comes to finding and buying used games.  He gets really good deals.  I remember taking him to a local store where he could go and buy them.

I buy used games most of the time. We have a local group here that sells and trades games that they are no longer playing. It is far cheaper than buying a brand new copy. The only time that I am buying used is when I want to play a game that has just been released.

I am not fan of buying new games since I am already contented with those old version or games that is available. I don't want to spend a lot of money for just having some games because I still have a lot of things that are more important from that. I am already fine with that as long I am just enjoying the game.

17 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I'm okay with second hand ones. As long as it's working fine, then it's a good purchase. It's nice to have an option to buy used games since they're offered at a cheaper price. Also, I'm not really picky in terms of being the first to use it. 😀

Yeah, the thing is that you are going to enjoy almost the same benefits that someone that bought the games new will enjoy. The only fear is when the second hand ones are not working fine and that is the fear of many people. 

• Haha 1

I've bought used games before and they were from friends. They were in okay condition. I'm the kind of guy that when I finish a game, I'd also never play it again. It's sad that I didn't try to sell them after finishing those games. I could have gotten a return on my purchase.

As long as it's in good condition, I don't mind buying second-hand products, and yes that includes games. The only products that I don't purchase second-hand are devices that have rechargeable batteries on them (smartphones, laptops). You see, the battery loses a lot of its value when it underwent a lot of charging cycles already hence I buy brand new ones instead.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

Yeah, the thing is that you are going to enjoy almost the same benefits that someone that bought the games new will enjoy. The only fear is when the second hand ones are not working fine and that is the fear of many people. 

It's understandable that they feel unsure. The point of buying a copy is to be able to play the game. But it usually doesn't happen a lot. I mean, most people that sell their game copies are also gamers. So they'd be empathetic of those who'll play the game they've sold. 😀

On 10/10/2018 at 4:41 AM, cmoneyspinner said:

One of my sons is the master when it comes to finding and buying used games.  He gets really good deals.  I remember taking him to a local store where he could go and buy them.

Wow!  This got to show that he is going to be getting better deals for you. There are people that have the experience on what and what to check on used games before buying them. Be glad that your son is one and I wish I can have such person that can assist me too. 

If the game is still in a very good condition, and also very affordable then I don't see a problem with actually buying a used game. 

It's definitely going to offer the same service and satisfaction which a brand new game will offer as well. Everything depends on how you use it. 

On 10/10/2018 at 5:49 PM, NerdIndeed said:

As long as it's in good condition, I don't mind buying second-hand products, and yes that includes games. The only products that I don't purchase second-hand are devices that have rechargeable batteries on them (smartphones, laptops). You see, the battery loses a lot of its value when it underwent a lot of charging cycles already hence I buy brand new ones instead.

Wow! The thing about getting used games is that once they are in good condition, there is no fear about it. I understand that not everyone will enjoy having to go through the pain of losing money because they bought a used game, but the benefits when the game is good is also higher as well. 

I don't have any issue with buying used games as long as it is in good condition and if the game is being sold by friends. Used games are good to purchase since they are cheaper. You can save money from buying used games. 

9 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

Wow! The thing about getting used games is that once they are in good condition, there is no fear about it. I understand that not everyone will enjoy having to go through the pain of losing money because they bought a used game, but the benefits when the game is good is also higher as well. 

No, no. Please don't get me wrong. I would love to buy used games, but like I said, as long as it is still in good working condition. For example, if it does not have any bad sectors on them that hang or freezes the gameplay when you reach a certain point. I'm sure that does not happen a lot, but it's just better to be sure of the quality as it has already been used by someone else.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:08 PM, NerdIndeed said:

No, no. Please don't get me wrong. I would love to buy used games, but like I said, as long as it is still in good working condition. For example, if it does not have any bad sectors on them that hang or freezes the gameplay when you reach a certain point. I'm sure that does not happen a lot, but it's just better to be sure of the quality as it has already been used by someone else.

Now I get your point. There is this friend that always enjoy buying used games and I have noticed that those games always last longer as well especially when they get a nice one as well. 

Occasionally, yes. In my country there's a pretty decent market for buying used games that are still in fantastic condition, so it can be a massive money saver if you're a big gamer and constantly looking for new stuff to add to your collection. I think as long as where you're buying used games from is reputable, there's no problem with it. 

I don't mind buying used games to play as long as there's some way to test out they're in working condition. Anytime I sell video games on sites like Craiglist I allow the buyer to see the games on our tv/player before exchanging them for cash. It gives both me and them a piece of mind that 1, it works and 2, they can't come back and say that it didn't work and they want their money back. 

On 10/14/2018 at 4:32 PM, Henrywrites said:

Now I get your point. There is this friend that always enjoy buying used games and I have noticed that those games always last longer as well especially when they get a nice one as well. 

I see. Now that you've mentioned it, I checked out a site which sells second-hand games for the PS4, and I was so shocked when I did saw the prices. Some of them go as low as $5 a piece which you get for almost $40 when you purchase them brand new.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:26 AM, superlicca said:

I don't have any issue with buying used games as long as it is in good condition and if the game is being sold by friends. Used games are good to purchase since they are cheaper. You can save money from buying used games. 

Saving money from buying used games is something that I am sure that it is evident all over. The price that you get the game is always different from what you buy the rest and that is one reason most of the gamers prefer to buy used games instead of having to wait for the new ones.