Henrywrites

Longest time that you've played a game?

Playing games is something that I always enjoy especially when it is the moment that I don't have any other thing that I am doing. I have spent a whole night playing FIFA with my friends and by the next not, we felt so weak that we missed school that day. 

What is the longest time that you have spent playing the game that you enjoy most? 

I think it was more than 5 hours. I wouldn't want to do that again. It was really difficult since you're too focused on the game. I only had bathroom breaks. It was fun but also exhausting. I'll probably limit myself to 2 hours of continuous gaming for now. 🙂

I can only tell you that I've watched my kids play for hours.  There used to be a commercial that came on television warning parents about their  kids going out late and getting into trouble.  The voice used to announce something like "It's 2 AM in the morning.  Parents!  Do you know where your children are?"  I'm like:  "Yeah!  My kids are in the living room playing video games at 2 o'clock in the morning!"  One thing about video games.  They keep your kids off the streets.  😀

I think I had played my favorites game for about 7 hours in just a single day before since I was really addicted to it, I sometimes forget to eat just to play it. I was really amazed that because of gaming, I am spending a lot of my precious time in just doing it which is really an unbelievable thing to make.

17 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I think it was more than 5 hours. I wouldn't want to do that again. It was really difficult since you're too focused on the game. I only had bathroom breaks. It was fun but also exhausting. I'll probably limit myself to 2 hours of continuous gaming for now. 🙂

Five hours is not an easy time to play the game. I could still recall how exhausted that I was the day that I had to play the game all through the night. I had to sleep during the day which made me miss lectures too. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

Five hours is not an easy time to play the game. I could still recall how exhausted that I was the day that I had to play the game all through the night. I had to sleep during the day which made me miss lectures too. 

Yes, it was very hard. I was really tired after that. My eyes went dry from staring at the screen for so long. Aside from that, we look awful the following day. We're obviously haggard. This is why people can usually tell when we've abused our physical and mental capacities. 😂

• Thanks 1

I think it would have to be around four to five hours and it was during the 90's when SEGA and Nintendo were dominating the console scene. I owned Sega Genesis system and used to play Sonic for extended periods of time. Those were the days I tell you.

5 hours ago, GrayBrad said:

I think it would have to be around four to five hours and it was during the 90's when SEGA and Nintendo were dominating the console scene. I owned Sega Genesis system and used to play Sonic for extended periods of time. Those were the days I tell you.

You've been gaming for a quite a long time! I have to say that it is really good that you played in the era of Sega and Nintendo. I began playing with Ps games and I have had fun all through as well. 

There was one full day that I was completely useless and wasted playing games. It was actually during one of my work leave period, so I had absolutely nothing to worry about. 

That very day, I had to manage and cook what I ate because it almost took my meal away from me. Seriously, that day was nuts but fun for me. 

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2018 at 7:36 PM, Steve5 said:

Yes, it was very hard. I was really tired after that. My eyes went dry from staring at the screen for so long. Aside from that, we look awful the following day. We're obviously haggard. This is why people can usually tell when we've abused our physical and mental capacities. 😂

It must have been a tough time for you. One thing about playing games is that when you get to the point where you will feeling tired, you won't even know about it. One essential thing that I have noticed is that the joy of playing games for a longer period of time is all that matters at the end of the day and not how tired that we always feel about it. 

• Haha 1

The longest time for me is 4 to 5 hours only. That was the Spiderman game. I was addicted to this game and had the fun of it.  I am not sure if I can still play the game for 4 to 5 hours since I have to do a lot of things. 

The longest time I have spent playing a game was for a whole night, I have played CS: GO, and I don't know how the time passed so fast, I stopped because I needed to go to the bathroom and I made noise and my 10 months child woke up, but I would play even more.

7 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

It must have been a tough time for you. One thing about playing games is that when you get to the point where you will feeling tired, you won't even know about it. One essential thing that I have noticed is that the joy of playing games for a longer period of time is all that matters at the end of the day and not how tired that we always feel about it. 

You're right. It's just that the trade off for over exhausting ourselves often becomes obvious. Like for those who stay up late and barely get enough sleep. The eye bags tend to be prominent. So you really have to weigh the consequences if you're going to play for hours on end. 🐼

30 hours straight for me. Never took a bath and had eating breaks every couple of hours while grinding. I was playing this MMORPG titled FLYFF before, and I am about to reach level 100. I'm a level 99, and it takes an hour or so to get a 5% progress on it even with a party. If my memory serves me right, it gives me 0.05% for every monster I kill, so for me to reach level 100, I have to murder 2,000 monsters (1v1) that take 15 seconds or so to kill. 

I was happy and ecstatic when I got to 100. I can now sport new armor and weapons. I also get to level and hunt monsters on a new map. Yes! What a life I had back then, such a loser haha. I was a zombie during those times.

On 10/11/2018 at 6:20 PM, Henrywrites said:

You've been gaming for a quite a long time! I have to say that it is really good that you played in the era of Sega and Nintendo. I began playing with Ps games and I have had fun all through as well. 

I have been playing since Atari days, but as I was around 5 or 6 at that time I wasn't allowed to play for long hours. PS was also an amazing era for me, spent so much time on that console.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:11 AM, Martinsx said:

There was one full day that I was completely useless and wasted playing games. It was actually during one of my work leave period, so I had absolutely nothing to worry about. 

That very day, I had to manage and cook what I ate because it almost took my meal away from me. Seriously, that day was nuts but fun for me. 

Sometimes, we may end up acting like being possessed all because of the fact that we are playing games.  Gaming is always addictive to us as we have seen in the way that we live. I have the feeling that it is not always easy to control the fun that we want to when playing games as well.

21 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

Sometimes, we may end up acting like being possessed all because of the fact that we are playing games.  Gaming is always addictive to us as we have seen in the way that we live. I have the feeling that it is not always easy to control the fun that we want to when playing games as well.

From my game playing experience, I can unequivocally tell you that the only way to avoid being addicted to playing a particular game would be to never start playing the game in the first place. 

Once you get hooked up to the game, it's definitely going to be very hard to stop especially if the game is very interesting and thrilling one. 

Sometimes in high school if I was home sick, I’d play games basically from the time I woke up to the time I went to sleep. It was always a relaxing and restful thing for me so even if I was home sick it was helpful!