Sign in to follow this  
Kuzma

About the four tabs in the top right, particularly "Shop"

Since those all redirect to the front page, I assume they're a work in progress, but there's one thing in particular I'm curious about; the shop.

Is there going to be a store page for staff or members to post their fanmade works? It would be a cool way to encourage people to share Etsy pages or print stores or anywhere else they're selling their fan works. You could quarantine self-promotion to it's own thread so people don't spam, and have the mods add approved links to a storefront that redirects to peoples personal stores.

Another idea would be getting an affiliate link of some kind and using it to raise money for the site. I don't know if you're paying for server space or anything like that, but I've always found Amazon affiliate links a non-intrusive way of raising funds. If there was a cool list of quality merch on the site, I'd be more that willing to buy my next desk decoration through it. 

I'm just spit-balling though. 

Yeah, all the top tabs are coming when the new site releases.

And, the shop could be that. It's actually planned to be an affiliate shop with preselected Amazon stuff. Basically a way to discover Square Enix merchandise. This will likely be the case and is a way to support the site while getting something at Amazon. Win win.

The one issue with a member Esty listing or so is the possible copyright issues with selling unlicensed Square Enix themed work.