junrose123

Best time to go to bed?

For me I really don't have a time frame in going to bed since after a long hours of work, I would still work for my online sites since it was already part of my daily routine. A day for me seems to be tough since I have a lot of works to be done from doing my offline job as a a full time employee and after having a few rest I may take a gin my online jobs.  That is why I sometimes go to bed late at night since I am busy doing some of my money making sites.

What is your preferred time to go to bed? It is a pleasure to hear your views.

The best time to go to bed is when you are done with all the tasks that you need to do in your home and when you have freshened up. I also don't like using any device one hour before my bedtime so I will have a good sleep. 

1 hour ago, superlicca said:

The best time to go to bed is when you are done with all the tasks that you need to do in your home and when you have freshened up. I also don't like using any device one hour before my bedtime so I will have a good sleep. 

I agree. Most of the people who go to sleep at 9 PM are those who don't work hard in their day. Old people excused from this statement of course. We have to maximize our time as we only have 24 hours in a day. If you're particularly tired that day then rest and go to bed early. Otherwise, work until you've done your tasks and go to sleep.

During the evening our body will react to the loss of light by delivering melatonin, a hormone which makes us nod off. Amid the day, daylight triggers the cerebrum to repress melatonin creation so you feel conscious and alarm. Therefore, it is prescribed to rest amid the night as opposed to amid the day. Making a beeline for bed between 10-11 PM and awakening at 6-7 AM would be perfect for a grown-up. In any case, the measure of rest you need will rely upon the person.

As much as possible we should sleep early so that we can give time for our body to  have some rest so that it can prepare for tomorrows journey since everyday is a new day to live on and to work on. Sleeping late at night have some negative effects on our health and might put us on danger in the long run of doing it.

I'm always sleeping late at night since my college days and to my work life. It's just really part of the job to have that many overtime. I sometimes go home at 2 AM and have to go to work at 8 AM the next day. What gets me through it is that I take naps in between breaks. Naps give you a boost of energy like refilling you health bar in game. I recover sleep by sleeping in in the weekends.

As for me, I sleep when I want to, I wake up when I want to, haha!

Some say it's best between 8 PM - 12 AM. Studies say that it does not matter what time (I mean the hour of the day) someone gets to bed, what matters is to get enough hours of sleep one requires. The best approach is to match your sleep times to your physiological rhythms and get the seven to nine hours of sleep that you need regularly.

• Like 1

I have problems with sleeping.  But for me, the best time for me to go to sleep is no later than 1 o'clock in the morning.  It has nothing to do with my biological clock.  It has something to do with the darkness.  As soon as that sun shines and the light comes in through my bedroom window, sleep time is all over.  It doesn't matter if I just went to bed 2 hours ago.  That sunlight makes something in my brain click and say Wake Up!

The best time for us to go to bed is always dependent on the way that we plan for the next day. I have noticed that if we are always having to do some things as regards having early morning duties, then we should try to sleep early in order to prepare for the next day. 

Sometimes I do sleep early whenever I lack some sleep in the previous days in doing some of my online jobs at night to give time for my body to fill those sleepless night that I was very busy doing things that are important for me.  It is really hard to go to bed  early at some time if you have a lot of things to do.  I am already fine if I can sleep at least 5 hours a day  due to my busy schedule because If I have some opportunity to sleep I just do it the other day especially in the afternoon.

16 hours ago, cmoneyspinner said:

I have problems with sleeping.  But for me, the best time for me to go to sleep is no later than 1 o'clock in the morning.  It has nothing to do with my biological clock.  It has something to do with the darkness.  As soon as that sun shines and the light comes in through my bedroom window, sleep time is all over.  It doesn't matter if I just went to bed 2 hours ago.  That sunlight makes something in my brain click and say Wake Up!

Interesting. Let's say you have only slept for an hour, how do you cope with the sleepiness you'll experience the entire day?

My preferred time for sleeping is around 7:00 - 9:00 PM. It's better to sleep early since you get to wake up with a more refreshed mind. Sleep is very important to us. It's when our bodies heal and recharge after a day's worth of activities. So I do my best to rest completely during the night. 🌛

12 hours ago, Steve5 said:

My preferred time for sleeping is around 7:00 - 9:00 PM. It's better to sleep early since you get to wake up with a more refreshed mind. Sleep is very important to us. It's when our bodies heal and recharge after a day's worth of activities. So I do my best to rest completely during the night. 🌛

This is a good time to sleep. I always wake up most days by 4am and sleeping early is one of the ways that I always get to keep my mind and body in a good state. The work that I do is a stressful one, so mapping out time to sleep always help me at the end of the day. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2018 at 9:25 AM, cmoneyspinner said:

That's kind of alerting. It's like your body isn't fully asleep. It's on the lookout for that sun to hit your face in the morning and signals you to wake up. People "recover" in a sense when they go to sleep. Deep sleep to be a little more technical. It's the kind of sleep where even sounds from the surroundings don't wake you. The fact that you're not going into this state means your body isn't "sleeping". You feel tired in the morning due to this. When it becomes a habit, you don't feel like it but secretly your body does.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 4:33 AM, rlpzbeermoney said:

That's kind of alerting. It's like your body isn't fully asleep. It's on the lookout for that sun to hit your face in the morning and signals you to wake up. People "recover" in a sense when they go to sleep. Deep sleep to be a little more technical. It's the kind of sleep where even sounds from the surroundings don't wake you. The fact that you're not going into this state means your body isn't "sleeping". You feel tired in the morning due to this. When it becomes a habit, you don't feel like it but secretly your body does.

Yes.  You have described my "sleep distress" perfectly.  I sometimes wonder if it's in the genes.  I notice that some of my kids have dark curtains in their rooms to block out the sunlight.  They never complain about having sleeping problems.  But those dark curtains are hard to ignore.

I take a sleeping drug whenever I experience Insomnia. Of course it's not safe to take it as soon as you can't sleep at night. Maybe take it the second day you've had little to no sleep and still you can't sleep but you want to. Whenever I've had a hard week full of overtime, I take it Friday evening. I sleep 6-8 hours and I feel refreshed Saturday morning.

I would say that the best time to go to bed should fall within 8pm to 10 pm at most. Anything beyond 10 pm is considered to be off the charts in my opinion. 

The body needs to be resting from 10 pm down to 12 am but it's unfortunate that some people stay awake till 1am to 3 am before they go to sleep. 

As I’ve gotten older I’ve come to value sleep more and more with every passing year. I’m usually in bed by 9 at the latest! I tend to be an early bird though so getting to bed early is important in order for me to feel well rested.

Sleeping early and waking up at the time of dawn is considered the most healthy habit. Unfortunately, I have never ever been able to follow this rule my whole life. I have always been doing my important work like studying, working online, writing during the night time. Many times I go to sleep at dawn and do wake up in the afternoon. Although I am trying to change this habit of mine, I still find it difficult to wake up very early in the morning

On 10/14/2018 at 4:25 PM, Henrywrites said:

This is a good time to sleep. I always wake up most days by 4am and sleeping early is one of the ways that I always get to keep my mind and body in a good state. The work that I do is a stressful one, so mapping out time to sleep always help me at the end of the day. 

Yes, that's right. In fact, most of us won't be able to do our jobs properly if we don't get proper sleep. Our bodies require sufficient time to reload. It's like batteries. If you don't charge them fully, you'll find them running out earlier than expected. We wouldn't want that to happen during work. 😂