FFExtreme Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cmoneyspinner

Underappreciated Anime List

A blogger friend published a blog post where he lists 15 Underappreciated Anime II; and discusses why he thinks people don't appreciate them enough. They must be underappreciated because I only recognize one name on the list. Number 12.

• Do you agree with this list?
  • Would you take away or add to this list?

01: Black Magic M-66

02: Space Battleship Yamato

03: Lily C.A.T.

04: Appleseed OVA

05: King of Thorn

06: Armitage III

07: Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory

08: 009-1

09: Blood: The Last Vampire

10: Bubblegum Crisis

11: Dance in the Vampire Bund

12: Samurai 7

13: Berserk

14: Blue Gender

15: Rosario + Vampire

Honestly, I am only aware of Samurai 7, Bubblegum Crisis, and Blue Gender. But I don't know the other Animes that were mentioned. I am not sure why these Animes were underappreciated. Maybe people nowadays don't like Anime since they focus on other things. 

Any mainstream anime that within the eyes of the viewers discover it awful or average makes it hyped up to the induvidual viewers. Which is the cause for such a lot of subjective reviews on overrated anime. I for one assume all anime collection have their overrated and underated elements, it just depends on taste and choices. One individuals trash may be another's treasure.

I've watched and read Rosario + Vampire, and it was not the usual vampire story. It has more depth in it compared to the other vampire manga and anime. But, that's the only anime I've watch in your list, if I have time I'll try to watch all the anime in your list and find out if we have the same impression in these anime. 

i think that most of these anime lacks view that is why they are underrated.  There are included in this list that I would personally watch over the ones that are mainstreamed. 

I didnt see this before! I'd say they're underappreciated due to many on that list being old. Some of those movies/ova came out in the late 80s and early 90s.

Lily cat for example. Decent horror anime movie. It combines elements from The Thing and Alien. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Project Ako is another good one too.

Seen/know of 8 from that list. Did'nt think Berserk was that under appreciated but I guess so. Hated Roasario + Vampire till I re-watched it. Still not GREAT but is decent.

I would add Cat Planet Cuties to the list. Sure it be ecchi as all hell and all over the place. But at the end of the day it will get a giggle or two and leave you feeling pleasantly appeased. (Kinda biased though cos CATGIRLS FTW!!XD).