FFExtreme Forums
Henrywrites

Did you use to play games while in class?

Playing games was something that I was much addicted to while I was growing up and the good side of it then was that it was my source of happiness. However, the addiction meant that I even played games while the teacher will be teaching in the class back then. 

Are you one of us that used to play games while teaching is going on? 

Honestly, I am one of the 90's kids. During my time, mobile or any gaming devices were not common. What I used to have was a brick game and I never brought it to my school and played. But even if I had a mobile device, I don't think I would have the courage to play inside the classroom. When I was studying, I was so obedient and so scared of my teachers. 

17 minutes ago, superlicca said:

Honestly, I am one of the 90's kids. During my time, mobile or any gaming devices were not common. What I used to have was a brick game and I never brought it to my school and played. But even if I had a mobile device, I don't think I would have the courage to play inside the classroom. When I was studying, I was so obedient and so scared of my teachers. 

It is good to be a nice student!  I see kids of nowadays playing games in the classroom and I understand how things have really changed within the past years. It's all about the fun of everything that matters to us as well. 

I also was at school before mobile gaming was a big thing. I imagine it’s a pretty tough issue for teachers these days to navigate. Technology these days has seen a lot of changes and challenges come to the school environment and I can’t imagine having to deal with all of that!

I may be old compared to the rest of you because what I play during the class way back in high school was the snake game that comes with the Nokia 3210. I defeated the game by having the entire screen full with the snake with a score of 2008. I cheated and used the play-pause-play technique taught to me by my classmates :).

1 hour ago, NerdIndeed said:

I may be old compared to the rest of you because what I play during the class way back in high school was the snake game that comes with the Nokia 3210. I defeated the game by having the entire screen full with the snake with a score of 2008. I cheated and used the play-pause-play technique taught to me by my classmates :).

I know that game and I used to play snake with my Nokia 3210. That was the old day!  I also played Bantumi and this was one of the games of that phone. I miss the old snake game because snake games now have upgraded. 

3 hours ago, superlicca said:

I know that game and I used to play snake with my Nokia 3210. That was the old day!  I also played Bantumi and this was one of the games of that phone. I miss the old snake game because snake games now have upgraded. 

Bantumi? What's that? All I can remember are Memory and Rotation. Those were the games that come installed on my rock-solid 3210.

If the lecture is a boring one, I do play game during such session but I try my best not to make a scene that I'm playing games and not interested in the lectures by not putting the game sound. 

That the lecture isn't interesting to me doesn't give me the right to cause distraction for the whole class. So, I just mind my business. 

Way back when Clash of Clans was a thing, I was so addicted that I play even during class. I'd sit in the last row and crouch so the prof won't see me. Most of the people in the back row does this and we haven't been scolded once. There were even people sleeping during class. I guess the prof knows but doesn't want to deal with us.

On 10/17/2018 at 5:44 PM, amelia88 said:

I also was at school before mobile gaming was a big thing. I imagine it’s a pretty tough issue for teachers these days to navigate. Technology these days has seen a lot of changes and challenges come to the school environment and I can’t imagine having to deal with all of that!

That is a big difference. In the past, there is nothing like mobile phones that can be used to play games and that was easy for the teachers. However, I think things have changed and many laws now being put in place as well on matters like this. 

Oh! I remember one time during one of my tech training, I was playing a locally installed Poker game on the PC during class. I was so into it back then that when the river came up, I shouted "Badtrip!" so loud that the instructor heard it and stopped lecturing because he realized most of us were not paying attention, haha! He continued, but he's now wearing an annoyed face right after.

I felt sorry for what I did so I apologized to him when the class was over.

Honestly I was fan of playing games in class before when I was still studying in my high school days whenever I have some new games that I feel addicted to play or when my teacher on a particular subject is very boring. I tend to play games for some time rather that listening to the discussion in our classroom before. It was really terrible because there are also some of my classmates who are doing that activity even though I know that it is not advisable.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:32 AM, NerdIndeed said:

Bantumi? What's that? All I can remember are Memory and Rotation. Those were the games that come installed on my rock-solid 3210.

It was on the 3310 Nokia. Do you know the Sungka game which is a Philippine mancala game? It is similar to Bantumi. 

image.png.2f662f4bb183f8cbc380e25b552e4e5c.png

1 hour ago, superlicca said:

It was on the 3310 Nokia. Do you know the Sungka game which is a Philippine mancala game? It is similar to Bantumi. 

image.png.2f662f4bb183f8cbc380e25b552e4e5c.png

I see, now I know what you mean. I never had the privilege of owning a Nokia 3310 before. But I believe the model has made a comeback today and now sports a colored screen, let me post a photo of it. 

nokia-3310-revival-2.jpg

Edited by NerdIndeed

4 minutes ago, NerdIndeed said:

I see, now I know what you mean. I never had the privilege of owning a Nokia 3310 before. But I believe the model has made a comeback today and now sports a colored screen, let me post a photo of it. 

nokia-3310-revival-2.jpg

Wow! Those phones look great! I like their colors too.  I wonder if these new models still have the old games.  My phone is a touch screen but if I will have a budget, I would love to buy this model. This phone reminds me of my childhood days. 

3 minutes ago, superlicca said:

Wow! Those phones look great! I like their colors too.  I wonder if these new models still have the old games.  My phone is a touch screen but if I will have a budget, I would love to buy this model. This phone reminds me of my childhood days. 

I'm not sure if the unit still has the old games that come installed with it years ago. But the good thing is it's not that expensive. I know prices go around between $40-$50. It's a good backup phone for text messaging if ever your main one suddenly malfunction and such.

4 hours ago, NerdIndeed said:

I'm not sure if the unit still has the old games that come installed with it years ago. But the good thing is it's not that expensive. I know prices go around between $40-$50. It's a good backup phone for text messaging if ever your main one suddenly malfunction and such.

The price is just amazing. It is good to have this kind of phone aside from my Android phone. I think I'm gonna buy in December. I just wish that the old games are still there. I just miss the old days. This was the first phone that my mother had. I did not own this phone since I was just a kid when this model was released. But I always borrowed this phone from my mom to play games. I remember that there were other brands of phone like Alcatel and Motorola.  Thank you for the information. 

Yes, I too used to play games when the class was going on and also got caught and punished by the teacher a few times. I was very much addicted to playing games when I was in school.  In fact, whenever there was some boring subject being taught by the teacher, mostly Mathematics, me and most of my friends would sit on the back benches and play games the whole time,

I have 40  years so when I was a small boy in school I had no cell phone to play video games, but I am sure that if I would have access to a cell phone at that time I would play video games or surf the Internet.

13 hours ago, NerdIndeed said:

Oh! I remember one time during one of my tech training, I was playing a locally installed Poker game on the PC during class. I was so into it back then that when the river came up, I shouted "Badtrip!" so loud that the instructor heard it and stopped lecturing because he realized most of us were not paying attention, haha! He continued, but he's now wearing an annoyed face right after.

I felt sorry for what I did so I apologized to him when the class was over.

Haha! This just cracked me up. Honestly, I would say that you were a bit lucky with that moment where you weren't caught in the act. The instructor would have given you a stiffer punishment which is a way to send message to the rest of the people in the classroom. Gaming can make one so glued that you won't remember anything happening in the classroom. 

16 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

Haha! This just cracked me up. Honestly, I would say that you were a bit lucky with that moment where you weren't caught in the act. The instructor would have given you a stiffer punishment which is a way to send message to the rest of the people in the classroom. Gaming can make one so glued that you won't remember anything happening in the classroom. 

I know I'm the one who did wrong. But on my defense, he's seriously boring and dull. Like all he does is read what is written on the textbook and add a little information here and there, we might as well read it ourselves.

20 hours ago, superlicca said:

The price is just amazing. It is good to have this kind of phone aside from my Android phone. I think I'm gonna buy in December. I just wish that the old games are still there. I just miss the old days. This was the first phone that my mother had. I did not own this phone since I was just a kid when this model was released. But I always borrowed this phone from my mom to play games. I remember that there were other brands of phone like Alcatel and Motorola.  Thank you for the information. 

You're very welcome. And I hope you do enjoy your Nokia 3310 come December. Hoping that it will come pre-installed with the games you mentioned. All the best!

I probably haven't played games while the teacher was talking. It's hard to hide something like that. And even if the teacher didn't notice, your nearby seatmates are sure to tell on you. I remember someone getting caught because his seatmate outright called out that he was using his gadget. It got confiscated for a week or so. 😂

On 10/22/2018 at 9:09 AM, Steve5 said:

I probably haven't played games while the teacher was talking. It's hard to hide something like that. And even if the teacher didn't notice, your nearby seatmates are sure to tell on you. I remember someone getting caught because his seatmate outright called out that he was using his gadget. It got confiscated for a week or so. 😂

I agree with you. It is really hard to play games while in class. Some of your classmates would really tell your teachers for doing this. And the worst is if the teacher calls you and asks a question, you won't be able to answer since you don't pay attention. 

• Haha 1