junrose123

What is your favorite social media sites?

On 10/22/2018 at 5:11 PM, Steve5 said:

This speaks volumes. It's often that people are brutally honest with all things internet. So I'm not surprised to find out that most of us don't care about other people's lives. Specifically, in terms of Facebook updates. I can relate to not minding other people's business. But I wouldn't put it like that. It's so sassy yet so true. 🤣

You are right there my friend. While others are brutally honest, there are some who are also brutally dishonest. Like for example, posting Photoshopped photos of them hanging out in some fancy place or something. I know a few people who are like that. I believe their intentions are pure and mainly not to deceive. I guess they only want to keep up with the Jones's.

4 hours ago, NerdIndeed said:

True however that's the reality of life. Some are just born envious while others don't care. If you utterly don't want to get peer-pressured, stop and cease using social media altogether and focus on improving yourself. Time will pass by, and you'll never notice that you are above them in every way. 

I can't really cease using social media. It's essential in the Philippines. No one calls or texts anymore. Haven't you noticed? Though I can use Messenger separate from Facebook, I feel like I'm missing out on things if I get out of Facebook altogether. I have set up my Facebook feed so that none of my friend's crap end up on it. It's more of like a literal news feed of pages I like. Though some friend activity still shows up every now and then.

Sometimes I used Facebook to chat with my friends and family since I want to update on their current status. I do some video call or video chat whenever they wishes me to do it. It was really great because I feel relax and entertained even in just a short period of time. I really like to use Facebook since I can easily connect with my love ones all over the world in just an instant which is pretty amazing.

On 10/27/2018 at 11:35 AM, NerdIndeed said:

You are right there my friend. While others are brutally honest, there are some who are also brutally dishonest. Like for example, posting Photoshopped photos of them hanging out in some fancy place or something. I know a few people who are like that. I believe their intentions are pure and mainly not to deceive. I guess they only want to keep up with the Jones's.

I know what you mean. I've encountered those people as well. I don't mind them that much. Especially, if it's not harming anyone. It could be a self-esteem issue. Lots of people aren't comfortable with just being who they are. So they try a bunch of ways to be like how they want to be perceived. 😃

Sometimes I do like chatting with my friends and family on my Facebook account so that I can stay updated on the latest happenings with them. I also watch and read some news on my social media accounts which are really great because I can make many things from it.

On 11/1/2018 at 12:06 PM, Steve5 said:

I know what you mean. I've encountered those people as well. I don't mind them that much. Especially, if it's not harming anyone. It could be a self-esteem issue. Lots of people aren't comfortable with just being who they are. So they try a bunch of ways to be like how they want to be perceived. 😃

But I wonder, like how are they going to defend that photo. I know someone who posted he's been to China then when I asked him about it, he said he's never been there. My guess is he completely forgot that he posted a photo in the first place, haha!

• Haha 1

Sometimes I do watched some site reviews on YouTube whenever I want to have some idea on a particular new site that I want to join. It is really good for me to have an advance knowledge on a certain site that I want to work with. It gives me the feeling of security and confidence that I will really have to join it and therefore it would not really scammed  me later on since it is very hard now to trust. We need to be smart and advance in anyways for our own benefits and protection.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:40 PM, NerdIndeed said:

But I wonder, like how are they going to defend that photo. I know someone who posted he's been to China then when I asked him about it, he said he's never been there. My guess is he completely forgot that he posted a photo in the first place, haha!

That could be the case. Anyway, it's not really our place to say stuff about them. So it's better to let them deal with their choices on their own. Eventually, they'll realize the importance of honesty and integrity. I only hope that by then, it's not too late. 🐱

1 hour ago, Steve5 said:

That could be the case. Anyway, it's not really our place to say stuff about them. So it's better to let them deal with their choices on their own. Eventually, they'll realize the importance of honesty and integrity. I only hope that by then, it's not too late. 🐱

I agree, and I am not in any way condescending. It's their life to live, and I'm sure that they are just doing what they think is worth doing at the time. I'll say no more haha!

I do not have any particular favorite social media because I use different social media platforms correspondingly to its own uses. For example, I like Facebook because I like browsing people's status and I like YouTube because you can easily find good videos there that you need and that you want to watch, and so on. 

23 hours ago, NerdIndeed said:

I agree, and I am not in any way condescending. It's their life to live, and I'm sure that they are just doing what they think is worth doing at the time. I'll say no more haha!

That's okay. You were by no means condescending. 😂

I feel like things such as this have a textured quality to them. It's very hard to decide how things truly are. Only the people who do those things can actually decide what to do next. As much as we want to help, we can only do so much. The realization must come from them. 🙂