FFExtreme Forums
junrose123

Playing games for fun or for money?

I heard that there are some people who are earning some money in just playing some games which is really a trend now to some places in the world. There are some gaming competition wherein you have the chance to  win some money if you will win in a certain competition.  But for me I just play games for fun and leisure since I am not really good at it, I feel relax and motivated if I can have a slight gaming after a few hours of works. It give some  feeling of calmness and joy that I cannot explained on my self.

Do you play games for fun or for money? What are your views about it?

Honestly, I am not aware that you can earn money just by playing games but that is great! However, I play games for fun.  Playing games is one of my hobbies. It is one way to relax or unwind. But given the chance to play while earning, I will do my best to win and get the prize. 

As much as I wished I played well enough to make money, I only play to fun. There are a few phone apps I have such as Verydice, Lucktastic, ect. that allow you to earn rewards but I would rather play games for fun than spend a lot of time on those. I looked into streaming online games such as WoW and Fortnite to make money but it seems like there are way to many people doing it already that it's hard to get started.

I only play for fun. I've also heard of those major players in the paid market who are getting a decent amount for playing games, but I honestly don't know how to break into that market - especially these days when it's already a pretty saturated market that everyone is trying to get into. I do wonder if playing games for money would put more stress and less enjoyment into it overall - if it's turned into a job I think that may end up happening!

Just like the rest of you, I also only play for fun. But I've heard you can also earn a little cash by signing up and playing a game, but I haven't tried it so far. There are also centers here in my country where they hire people to play games like WoW to build a community for real gamers. I've once joined an MMORPG, and the server owner asked me if I would like to be a game master in exchange of premium in-game items, I declined.

I play games mostly for fun. I don't play for money and if I would play for money, I would already be working or playing as a Twitch streamer. I play competitively if I am playing multiplayer games because it gives me satisfaction and I feel rewarded if I win.

If I was skilled enough to play games for money, I would have had a second thought for a second. So, being mediocre in competitive games means that I play only for the fun of it.

At the moment, I am playing games for fun. I don't really think that I am going to devote a lot of time to start looking for how to play the games for money since I may end up not earning that amount of money that is big in my eyes as well.

I do play for both fun and making money. I can remember playing so many times for money with my game gang and our favorite game played for money is FIFA and PES. We always place bets on who wins and it makes the game to be taken seriously. 

On 10/15/2018 at 8:17 AM, EfficientNinja said:

I play games mostly for fun. I don't play for money and if I would play for money, I would already be working or playing as a Twitch streamer. I play competitively if I am playing multiplayer games because it gives me satisfaction and I feel rewarded if I win.

The fun is what makes the game what it is. I have come to notice that playing the game for money can put one under undue pressure and this is something that we should always work towards getting better for as the fun that comes with playing games is something that is really good. 

12 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

The fun is what makes the game what it is. I have come to notice that playing the game for money can put one under undue pressure and this is something that we should always work towards getting better for as the fun that comes with playing games is something that is really good. 

For me, that's the essence of video games. They're made for entertainment and relaxation. If the games we are playing are causing us stress or unnecessary pressure, we should check our choice of games and make sure we are playing the right types of games. There are many games that are very challenging and would require more attention compared to games that are just chill.

More often than not, getting paid to play games is usually a 'tester' job. Game testers generally inspect the graphics, gameplay, controls... basically you have to have a sharp eye and catch when something goes wrong so the developers can correct it. So it's not all fun and games, though I'm sure the job itself can be enjoyable.

Doesn't pay much though, I wouldn't quit your day job if you have one.

On 10/17/2018 at 3:57 AM, cmoneyspinner said:

I never liked playing games for money.  It takes the fun out of playing the games.

Same here. For me, playing games is for fun and relaxation. Playing games for money is not enjoyable. You will get a lot of pressure to play it perfectly since there is a money involved. 

On 10/17/2018 at 9:18 AM, Martinsx said:

I do play for both fun and making money. I can remember playing so many times for money with my game gang and our favorite game played for money is FIFA and PES. We always place bets on who wins and it makes the game to be taken seriously. 

Playing for money is the way for some gamers to take it serious. This is the point where you will see many using tricks and dark arts to win and when not controlled, it may result in fights.  Did you ever got involved in fights while playing games for money? 

When I first responded I was thinking about gambling.  But reviewing some of the comments I realize that there are people who are paid to “test” games. However, when I suggested it to my kids they said they didn't want to be bored testing games they didn't like.  I balked and said “You can make money playing the games.” They're like “We don't care!” What can I say? Some people just want to play games for fun!

Sometimes I like to play some games for money but the problem is that I don't know where to do it since it is just very rare that we can have such activity since mostly gaming is just for fun. I want to find some sites that you can earn money through playing some games as along as the pay rate is great and I am willing to take it. Can anybody have an idea on some sites that offer us to play some games and having the chance to be paid? I am interested to know your experiences about ti.

5 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

Playing for money is the way for some gamers to take it serious. This is the point where you will see many using tricks and dark arts to win and when not controlled, it may result in fights.  Did you ever got involved in fights while playing games for money? 

Haha, I wouldn't call it a physical contact fight but rather a war of words because you never can take away the possibility of someone cheating in the games and it pains a lot to lose money to a cheater. 

5 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

I agree. When playing 1v1, I also offer to bet money into the games. It's more thrilling that way. It's not fun when you lose money sure but the feeling of victory multiplies when you win.

No, I haven't gotten involved in any gaming related violence but I have heard of stories. This was featured in the news a few years ago. Basically, kids in rough neighborhoods are frequent customers of Internet Cafes. It's a gateway for them to escape reality I guess that's why they spend so much time in there playing Dota 2 or LoL. Things got a little heated and a group of kids playing team vs team got into a fight. The ones who were winning the fist fight called in reinforcement. These dudes looked like they were 20+ years old and they proceed to beat up a bunch of 10 year olds until the cops arrive.

Yes, playing games for money is a growing trend especially in teenagers today. I don't think that there is anything much objectionable in this trend . its good that people are able to make some decent money while playing there favourite games. the problem only arises when unethical and unfair means are used to win. I think this should be completely discouraged by giving frequent warnings to such individuals. if there is no improvement in their behaviour then such people should be completely banned from the gaming sites. as far as I am concerned I have never ever played any of the online games to earn any money.

I am playing video games for fun but I am interested in sites that pays us to earn real money, it would be more fun if I would get paid for playing games. At the moment I play my two favorites games CS: GO and Minecraft.

7 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

I agree. When playing 1v1, I also offer to bet money into the games. It's more thrilling that way. It's not fun when you lose money sure but the feeling of victory multiplies when you win.

No, I haven't gotten involved in any gaming related violence but I have heard of stories. This was featured in the news a few years ago. Basically, kids in rough neighborhoods are frequent customers of Internet Cafes. It's a gateway for them to escape reality I guess that's why they spend so much time in there playing Dota 2 or LoL. Things got a little heated and a group of kids playing team vs team got into a fight. The ones who were winning the fist fight called in reinforcement. These dudes looked like they were 20+ years old and they proceed to beat up a bunch of 10 year olds until the cops arrive.

The fear that I always have when I play games for money is that of getting involved in a fight. It is cool when it is a fight with someone that I can beat, but when it is not who I can be able to beat, everything don't look cool with it. 

2 hours ago, wallet said:

I am playing video games for fun but I am interested in sites that pays us to earn real money, it would be more fun if I would get paid for playing games. At the moment I play my two favorites games CS: GO and Minecraft.

There are websites that pay you to play games. But they have rules and guidelines you have to follow. One site I know is Bananatic. Try checking it out to see if it's for you. The main way of earning there is by testing games and taking screen shots of your completed tasks. 😀

17 hours ago, wallet said:

I used to be a good fan of this game called Minecraft and I was even more pleased when I saw a forum on it pop up online sometime in the past but sadly the forum didn't last long for me to catch up with my fellow Minecraft players and lovers. I still play it now but not as much as I did in the past. 

51 minutes ago, Martinsx said:

I used to be a good fan of this game called Minecraft and I was even more pleased when I saw a forum on it pop up online sometime in the past but sadly the forum didn't last long for me to catch up with my fellow Minecraft players and lovers. I still play it now but not as much as I did in the past. 

I think I remember seeing videos where people earned money playing it. Minecraft made lots of game streamers rich and famous. They probably still do it until now. It's one of those games where you can gain financial income if you know what to do. 😃