Sign in to follow this  
superlicca

Mac or Windows?

Mac and Windows are both giving an excellent performance.  Considering that you are buying a new PC, which would you choose, Windows or Mac?  

Edited by superlicca

I much prefer Windows...I feel like that might be the minority choice, but I just think it's easier to use. I think maybe if you're used to a Mac operating system then you might gravitate to that, but I think globally Windows is more the standard - and it's what I'd choose if I was buying a new PC or laptop.

19 hours ago, amelia88 said:

I much prefer Windows...I feel like that might be the minority choice, but I just think it's easier to use. I think maybe if you're used to a Mac operating system then you might gravitate to that, but I think globally Windows is more the standard - and it's what I'd choose if I was buying a new PC or laptop.

I definitely agree with you. I have been using Windows for so long and I like its performance.  And  I think mac is so expensive that is why I also prefer to buy windows.  

It really depends on what you're going to use it for. If you're in the creative field (Graphic Design, Video Editing, Music Creation) go with Mac. Apple has really monopolized the manufacturers of programs in the creative field by optimizing their systems for them specifically. For anything else, go with Windows.

3 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

It really depends on what you're going to use it for. If you're in the creative field (Graphic Design, Video Editing, Music Creation) go with Mac. Apple has really monopolized the manufacturers of programs in the creative field by optimizing their systems for them specifically. For anything else, go with Windows.

That’s true - I have a few friends who are in the graphic design profession and they’ve all got Macs, so I guess there’s something to that theory!

For my part I choose windows because it's more customisable. If it's not operating proper I'm able to simply repair it or format the rattling issue. Further some softwares are not available for mac so I must stay with windows there. I dont like dual boot or VMware and so forth. However thats just me. And the very last con with mac which is also a deal breaker that it takes massive amount to keep it. You need to get coverage to maintain it up and running just in case.

20 hours ago, amelia88 said:

That’s true - I have a few friends who are in the graphic design profession and they’ve all got Macs, so I guess there’s something to that theory! 

Another way to view it is the amount of money you have on hand to purchase that new PC. You really get more bang for the buck making your own PC on Windows. With Mac, it's made by Apple. What do you expect? For the same specs on the Mac side, you can sometimes spot that it's 40% cheaper on the Windows side spec wise. Plus another downside is that when something breaks, it will cost approximately the same as buying a new Mac. It's also not allowed for third party repair centers to repair them and they won't sell them replacement parts. It's crazy. I've read an article about this just recently and Apple is getting sued for this mispractice. Thank God.

Windows has always been my operating system. So I'm not really looking to use a different system. It's very easy to use. I find its features convenient and reliable. Good thing I'm still using Windows 7. I wouldn't have liked Windows 8 based on people's reviews. 🙂

I'm quite biased in my opinion though as I don't like Apple as a company. The many things I've read about the company recently only served to flame my rage towards them. They won't fix your $5000 spec out Mac and advice you to buy a new unit yourself as it's much cheaper than repairing it.

A bit of both.

I grew up with Windows, but when I was 17, I got heavy into graphic design and music production. I went strictly with Mac simply because of the interface and aesthetic value. Ten years later, I'm back using Windows. Apple really is an awful company, especially since they've been proven to purposely limit the life-span of their products, and GOD are they expensive... but I do like aspects of their operating system and still use it for design/music purposes. But for gaming and game development, which I've recently gotten into, Windows is a lot more capable.

Edited by t3rryf0ldz

I also prefer both. If I can afford to buy a MAC computer then why not. I also want to experience their product and platform. In fact, I'm curious about how MAC computers work and what are their features differ from the other platforms. But me and my family use Microsoft for a long time now and well it's fine. Microsoft has all features that I need for now, so no need for me to force to buy MAC which I can't afford yet, but I have plan to use MAC in the future.

I prefer windows. Its the one that I am using right now. Ever since I have my computer, I am used to using Windows. I have not used MAC yet.