Jump to content
FFExtreme Forums
amelia88

Spender or a saver?

Recommended Posts

When it comes to money, do you find that you're a spender or a saver?

I'm definitely more of a saver. I like formulating budgets and trying to work out ways to earn more and spend less! Financial security is a big thing for me since growing up I didn't really have that kind of environment, so I hope to set myself up with a solid foundation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saving permits you to construct wealth over time, which helps you to have positive types of freedom. and i do not want to attain my 50s and 60's running in a soul sucking job simply because it pays properly. In view that collecting the braveness to start my own business I found out the cost of money and weighing the importance of quality over quantity. It's not really necessary to settle for the most inexpensive services or products so as to save. It is all approximately realizing what your priorities and desires are and what works to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saving permits you to construct wealth over time, which helps you to have positive types of freedom. and i do not want to attain my 50s and 60's running in a soul sucking job simply because it pays properly. In view that collecting the braveness to start my own business I found out the cost of money and weighing the importance of quality over quantity. It's not really necessary to settle for the most inexpensive services or products so as to save. It is all approximately realizing what your priorities and desires are and what works to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can say that I am a great saver. Our life has not been so easy that is why I give value to every cent that I earn. I opened bank accounts to save and have an investment too. I don't spend too much on material things. I always make sure that in every salary that I get, the 25 to 30% will go to my bank account. I know how hard it is to live if you don't have money so I make sure that my future will be secured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a spender for sure, in fact, I cannot save money at all because I spend all my money in the house with my family, it is impossible for me to save money when my kids have so many desires and most of them I cannot fulfill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been guilty of being a spender and this is worrisome as I am at that stage in life where I should be taking savings that serious. I don't really understand the best way that I can save and any input on that is highly appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably both. I'm a spender in the sense that when I want something, I immediately buy it. I don't like procrastinating over stuff I can purchase right now. I'm a saver in the sense that I don't use up all my money. I know my limits and what's not important. So I can manage my spending and saving in a balanced way. 🐱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I was a big spender in the past when I was in my school and junior college but after I started working part-time while studying the college, I slowly realized how difficult it is to earn money. since then I have tried to save a little money every month from whatever I earned. I think that saving money is very essential these days when there is no security of jobs and anything can happen anytime.

  • Cookie Monster 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying my best to become a saver in my family since I am the one who is working from it, I want to save more if I have some opportunity to do it because I need to have a reserve fund in case of future needs and emergency. We are not sure on what would gonna happen in the future that is why we better save if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 8:31 PM, superlicca said:

I can say that I am a great saver. Our life has not been so easy that is why I give value to every cent that I earn. I opened bank accounts to save and have an investment too. I don't spend too much on material things. I always make sure that in every salary that I get, the 25 to 30% will go to my bank account. I know how hard it is to live if you don't have money so I make sure that my future will be secured. 

That’s one of the strategies I use for savings too. I move something from each paycheck into a separate account only for savings - and then I don’t touch it. I also try to limit my spending on material things too. Living a more minimalist life is refreshing and money saving!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jpk0007 said:

Well, I was a big spender in the past when I was in my school and junior college but after I started working part-time while studying the college, I slowly realized how difficult it is to earn money. since then I have tried to save a little money every month from whatever I earned. I think that saving money is very essential these days when there is no security of jobs and anything can happen anytime.

I'm not sure if I was a big spender. But I frequently bought stuff that I wanted. So maybe I still spent more than necessary. Learning to save money is a natural process. Most of us realize this once we start working. By then, we'd find out how exhausting it can be to do stuff for money. 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, amelia88 said:

That’s one of the strategies I use for savings too. I move something from each paycheck into a separate account only for savings - and then I don’t touch it. I also try to limit my spending on material things too. Living a more minimalist life is refreshing and money saving!

Yeah!  If we really want to save money then we should be responsible for spending. We have to know the difference between wants and needs. it is not bad to give yourself a reward but make sure that the reward does not exceed your budget. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do my best to save more than half of what I earn, its a challenge but possible. I'm a little bit of a spender in a way, but I only pay for things that I need. I live a minimalist lifestyle and not into fancy stuff and all that kind of crap. My car is with me for almost ten years, and I have no plans of buying a new one for the next five.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, in my opinion both of these options are good because it's not normal to be only one and leave out the other. 

It's silly to save alone without enjoying your money. Who are you even saving it for? Then again, it's silly to spend only without saving, it's going to leave you financially broke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Martinsx said:

Well, in my opinion both of these options are good because it's not normal to be only one and leave out the other. 

It's silly to save alone without enjoying your money. Who are you even saving it for? Then again, it's silly to spend only without saving, it's going to leave you financially broke. 

 

That's a good point, and I do agree that balance is important. I usually splurge when it comes to vacations. Travel is my passion and that's what I save up for. I save in other ways like not buying a new handbag every month or not wearing designer clothes. I think it's all about doing what's important to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, amelia88 said:

 

That's a good point, and I do agree that balance is important. I usually splurge when it comes to vacations. Travel is my passion and that's what I save up for. I save in other ways like not buying a new handbag every month or not wearing designer clothes. I think it's all about doing what's important to you!

It's true that you need to have a balance in saving money and spending it but it's very important to note that it's more better to save more and spend less.

The only way to do this is by spending money based on one's needs and not one's wants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Martinsx said:

It's true that you need to have a balance in saving money and spending it but it's very important to note that it's more better to save more and spend less.

The only way to do this is by spending money based on one's needs and not one's wants. 

That's definitely something I had to wrap my head around when I got into budgeting. I used to think that everything I saw was something I needed. Cute jacket? I wanted it. Cute bag? Wanted it. Newest car or phone? Wanted those too.

Realizing just how few things are actual needs  is huge in being able to come out ahead with finances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a saver. I panic when I don't have any money lying around. My mentality is that money = ability to do things . If you want to go out, it costs money to hail a taxi. If you want to eat, you need to pay for it using money. If you want to live under a roof, you need money. When it comes to shopping for essentials, I'm very stringy because of my mentality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I am the saver in the family, it was already a habit for me to save whenever there are some opportunities to save because i know the feeling of having money wherein you badly need it. I cannot live well if I don't have the money to be used to buy all our basic needs and wants that is saving is very important to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i really need something, i can save money. I don't have problem with that. I tend to spend more money on others, then myself. When i'm buying groceries i like to check all the prices first and save as much as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that we need to save more if possible so that we can have something in times of great needs, time is very hard to deal with. We will never know what  will gonna happen every minute of the day that is why it is better if we can have a lot of savings so that we will have no problem in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 9:11 AM, rlpzbeermoney said:

I'm a saver. I panic when I don't have any money lying around. My mentality is that money = ability to do things . If you want to go out, it costs money to hail a taxi. If you want to eat, you need to pay for it using money. If you want to live under a roof, you need money. When it comes to shopping for essentials, I'm very stringy because of my mentality.

I am looking at adopting this mentality. The reality of things is that you are going to have fun having some money in your account when others are complaining of not having money.  Being a saver has a lot of benefits too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 9:09 AM, amelia88 said:

That's definitely something I had to wrap my head around when I got into budgeting. I used to think that everything I saw was something I needed. Cute jacket? I wanted it. Cute bag? Wanted it. Newest car or phone? Wanted those too.

Realizing just how few things are actual needs  is huge in being able to come out ahead with finances.

Exactly! Getting one into unnecessary spending is only going to put you into serious debt and always be in wanting. 

Mastering the ability to control one's urges to always buy or spend is the only way to save money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Martinsx said:

Exactly! Getting one into unnecessary spending is only going to put you into serious debt and always be in wanting. 

Mastering the ability to control one's urges to always buy or spend is the only way to save money. 

It's sad because I know quite a few people who are caught up in trying to impress others and look like they're living the high life, when in actuality they're racking up a lot of debt. I think the social media era has a lot to answer for in that regard. There's so much of the feeling that we need to keep up with what everyone else is doing...and a lot of the time that backfires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, amelia88 said:

It's sad because I know quite a few people who are caught up in trying to impress others and look like they're living the high life, when in actuality they're racking up a lot of debt. I think the social media era has a lot to answer for in that regard. There's so much of the feeling that we need to keep up with what everyone else is doing...and a lot of the time that backfires.

Seriously, the social media is causing a lot of people huge problems than it's helping them which makes people go into so many things under normal circumstances they wouldn't care but for the fact that they want to belong, they keep getting pushed to break their limit. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...