FFExtreme Forums
amelia88

Spender or a saver?

On 11/1/2018 at 4:06 PM, amelia88 said:

It's sad because I know quite a few people who are caught up in trying to impress others and look like they're living the high life, when in actuality they're racking up a lot of debt. I think the social media era has a lot to answer for in that regard. There's so much of the feeling that we need to keep up with what everyone else is doing...and a lot of the time that backfires.

Not to mention, the ads Facebook is showing up is the stuff we searched in Amazon and not ended up buying. Temptation is everywhere in this cyber age. Like I said before, social media is a pissing contest to see who can piss higher. I suggest not joining that contest for your mental health.

1 hour ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

Not to mention, the ads Facebook is showing up is the stuff we searched in Amazon and not ended up buying. Temptation is everywhere in this cyber age. Like I said before, social media is a pissing contest to see who can piss higher. I suggest not joining that contest for your mental health.

That drives me nuts! I really get frustrated when things like that pop up in the ads on Facebook. I think it just encourages people to spend spend spend when they don’t really need the stuff at all. Totally agree about not buying into all the hype.

I think it would really hard for me if I will not have a saving since I will not have some sources of money whenever I am experiencing some financial crisis. I know that it is very tough to save especially that nowadays that the inflation rate in my country is very high, we are experiencing a high price in the basic commodities that we consumed most. I will still find some ways on how I could have a saving just like for buying only those important things that I need and just let go those that are really doesn't needed much.