Martinsx

How long do you play a game before quitting it?

I'm sure that most of us gamers have at one point in the past played some games but ended up quitting it because it's almost impossible to complete the game. 

So, how long do you give such games a go before dropping them for new ones? 

This depends on the game, I have played Minecraft for 4 years and I left this game for CS: GO  and I am still playing Minecraft from time to time.  The rest of the games wasn't that important so I gave up on them faster.

I don't always quit easily as I try as much as I could to ensure that I have tried everything possible. Gaming is one sure way to have fun and before I quit a difficult level in the game, then it must have been more than 4 hours. 

Well, I  think that depends on the game I am playing and also how much I have learned about the game and to what level I am able to play the game. Some games are very interesting regardless of how much one is able to play it. I can spend hours together on the games I find interesting and also on the games which I am able to dominate my opponents. it feels great to win consistently.

Really depends on the game. Some I have quite within a few minutes, while some I have dropped mid way. I remember dropping Read Dead Redemption 1 at mid point, just as the new Island unlocks. I literally dropped Metal Gear Solid, as I was not able to kill the waves of enemies when you get Meryl out of prison, but I got back to it after a year and finished the game multiple times.

If a game fails to get me hooked within the first few hours of the story, I might drop it. But before dropping it, I might ask friends or others if the story will pick up somewhere later in the game. If so, I will try and stick with it.

I quit when I invested so much time in a game but there was no improvement. I don't like being stuck in a game since there is a lot of games where I can be great at. 

On 10/25/2018 at 1:56 PM, Henrywrites said:

I don't always quit easily as I try as much as I could to ensure that I have tried everything possible. Gaming is one sure way to have fun and before I quit a difficult level in the game, then it must have been more than 4 hours. 

Frustration makes me quit a game very quickly even when I still love playing the game very well. 

There is this particular mobile game called Top Eleven Football Manager, I have quitted playing the game on more than one occasion but still get back to it. 

Depends heavily on the game itself for me. I’ve had games where I’ve been bored within 15 minutes of playing them. Other games I could play for months on end and still get a ton of enjoyment from them. It’s highly dependent on how the games have been designed IMO.