Martinsx

How do you show your frustration when playing some games?

If any gamer tells you that he or she has never been frustrated when playing some games, then such person haven't really played games well. 

Getting frustrated playing games is something very common especially when you play in the difficult level. So, how do you show your frustration when these games keeps proving too hard to complete? 

I would hit my pad controller sometimes lol. 

Back then when I was playing video games I always tend to raged and smash the keyboard and monitor, shouted in my room. But as I am grew older I’ve found out that there’s more to life than simply playing video games all the time. But actually, I commenced to simply accept that playing video games isn't always about playing the whole thing as exceptional as possible, however instead playing them just for fun. Now they’re only a fun hobby pastime for me to try out each time I am bored or have a downtime.

I am that type to hit things around me when I get frustrated while playing video games, I am a calm person and the worse I can do is to scream or just turn off my PC.

When I was younger, I was that guy that would hurl the controller. That was when I was in my late teens, early twenties, I got over it. I still rage sometimes, I usually just yell and curse before taking a break.

I have never shown frustration physically, meaning at physical things. It's usually shown through curse words and loud voice. Currently the most frustrating game for me is Rocket League, specially when I play against my friends.

What I do is just stop from playing. Otherwise, I would end up throwing my phone and regret it. I keep myself calm and just relax or watch tv. 

I would also stop playing for a while if I am tilted. During losing streaks, I stay away from ranked games and I just play other fun modes to not get stressed more. There's a higher chance I'll lose again if I am tilted so I'll just stop playing ranked or competitive games for a while.

I just want to share a stress relieving method of mine. I haven't used it for gaming frustrations but I think it would apply. I make ice cubes and then throw them one by one on an empty wall. It has the same effect as breaking plates or throwing your phone/controller without the regret of your actions afterward.

I have skipped meals out of frustration of not winning in some games that I was playing. It was always terrible when we look at some situations. I have always fought a fellow gamer when he was winning me with ease on one football game that we were playing then. 

Sometimes when I am playing some games and feel frustrated at some point I usually say bad words to express my disappointment with it so that I can feel better. It is not really good to be frustrated since we cannot feel  comfortable about it. I am not the kind of guy who hurt my gaming equipment just to express my frustration for a certain game since it is not really good.

Yes, I also do get frustrated many times when I am not able to win or pass over some difficulty level of a game. I usually try to motivate myself and keep on playing the game and trying hard to go forward. if however nothing works then I prefer to quit the game at that moment instead of letting my frustration increase every moment. it's better to quit sometimes than continuing without getting positive results.

On 10/25/2018 at 1:50 PM, wallet said:

I am that type to hit things around me when I get frustrated while playing video games, I am a calm person and the worse I can do is to scream or just turn off my PC.

I have played one particular game more than 20 times in a day on a row and kept losing. I broke my pad that very when I needed just a point to complete the stage but lost immediately. I couldn't hold back my feelings of frustration and broke my pad. It's was very funny afterwards. 

I also use a Hand Grip Strengthener to relieve stress sometimes. Instead of gripping it as fast as you can, you can try and hold the grip for as long as you can. Plus it does wonders for your forearms which for us office workers is really thin and skinny.

I've had moments where I've thrown down my controller in frustration, for sure...

But usually with gaming, the frustration only spurs me on to do better the next time. I try and be constructive with the times I get stressed out. It helps manage my anger!

On 11/1/2018 at 5:26 AM, rlpzbeermoney said:

I also use a Hand Grip Strengthener to relieve stress sometimes. Instead of gripping it as fast as you can, you can try and hold the grip for as long as you can. Plus it does wonders for your forearms which for us office workers is really thin and skinny.

I have seen this Hand Grip Strengthener used in some movies that I have watched but I don't really know how it works with getting one to learn how to control his emotions and feelings. 

Maybe it's only going to be understood by me when I get to use it for myself. It's sold in online stores right because I haven't seen it in our open markets here. 

I would simply frown and stop playing altogether. Many people call it rage quitting. A better term might be late awareness. Because let's face it, we only realize how unimportant games can be when we lose. We validate our time spent playing as long as we win. Only when we've failed do we get that there are better ways to spend our time. 😃

51 minutes ago, Martinsx said:

I have seen this Hand Grip Strengthener used in some movies that I have watched but I don't really know how it works with getting one to learn how to control his emotions and feelings. 

Maybe it's only going to be understood by me when I get to use it for myself. It's sold in online stores right because I haven't seen it in our open markets here. 

You release all your anger and frustration by gripping it real hard. Instead of punching a wall or breaking stuff in your house, it's a better cost saving alternative. It's not the best method but it helps like how fidget spinners and people with fiddling problems click a ballpoint pen annoyingly helps calm the nerves.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:17 AM, rlpzbeermoney said:

You release all your anger and frustration by gripping it real hard. Instead of punching a wall or breaking stuff in your house, it's a better cost saving alternative. It's not the best method but it helps like how fidget spinners and people with fiddling problems click a ballpoint pen annoyingly helps calm the nerves.

Yes exactly, it's how I have seen those who makes use of it in movies - especially American movies. 

Some people are actually well talented in inventing some odd tools that are very important in helping us manage our mood.