Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeDr

Deus Ex

One of the best games I've ever played was Deus ex : Human revolution. (Along with the first one but HR has a special place in my heart 😛)I was what you would say "addicted"  to it. I liked the multiple solutions style of play as well as the whole plot and the underlying Renaissance along with the cyberpunk theme combined. I also liked Deus ex : Mankind Divided , it had a reminiscence of some kind to me .

So after my praise to these games , I would like to ask your opinion , (if anyone here has played these games) on where this series is headed next. Do you think it will continue and if yes will there be a change of theme? After all, the timeline is pretty much known right now. Is there a chance we will see what happens after invisible war , or are we to stay in the before deus ex original story arc ?

Yes, I have played the game. I heard lots of praise for the first part that came in the year 2000, but I never got to play it. My first experience with the game was through Deus Ex Human Revolution, and the game left a great impression on me. I was really impressed by the game play and the choices given in the game. I never got around to playing the latest entry in the franchise, the bad reviews haven't helped either.

14 hours ago, GrayBrad said:

Yes, I have played the game. I heard lots of praise for the first part that came in the year 2000, but I never got to play it. My first experience with the game was through Deus Ex Human Revolution, and the game left a great impression on me. I was really impressed by the game play and the choices given in the game. I never got around to playing the latest entry in the franchise, the bad reviews haven't helped either.

This. I loved human revolution. I was looking forward to mankind divided but like you said, reviews were mixed and I havent caught any good sales to justify its price tag. It's been a while since I looked, though.

I played this game before but in just a few days and I stopped. I think this was not just the type of the game that I like. 

I don't know anything about this game. I just remember that it was mentioned in another discussion forum. But when I checked it was not “Human Revolution”. There are two discussions about “Deus Ex: Mankind Divided” and in both discussions, the commenters seem to like the Deus Ex game better. If that's an indicator then my guess is the game has a future.

On 11/3/2018 at 6:42 PM, cmoneyspinner said:

I don't know anything about this game. I just remember that it was mentioned in another discussion forum. But when I checked it was not “Human Revolution”. There are two discussions about “Deus Ex: Mankind Divided” and in both discussions, the commenters seem to like the Deus Ex game better. If that's an indicator then my guess is the game has a future.

There are four games in the Deus Ex main series. Human Revolution is the third, and it acts as a prequel to the story in the first two which came out some 16-18 years ago.

Mankind Divided is the direct sequel to Human Revolution, same hero and everything. I plan on picking it up. I'm sure it isn't a bad game, but there was some controversy over their pre-order system for Mankind Divided, but I can't remember exactly. So it already had some stink going against it on release, along with other issues.