Sign in to follow this  
superlicca

Have you watched Flame of Recca?

Do you remember the Anime series "Flame of Recca"? Flame of Recca is a manga series written and illustrated by Nobuyuki Anzai. The characters and theme song are unforgettable. If you are one of the 90's kids then you must have watched their series. 

My parents used to tell me that when they were kids, they played outside with other kids. When I was a kid, me and every other kid would run home to watch Flame of Recca at 4:00 pm. A TV Station dubbed the anime (and most 90s animes) into the local language and that sparked the whole anime generation in the Philippines. It was the bomb along with Yu Yu Hakusho, Slam Dunk and Dragon Ball Z.

I've grown up watching this anime series, I can't remember if this one was aired with the same year as ghost fighter or is it sooner or later. What I can remember is that it was a really great anime series it was both funny and thrilling. 

It seems that the series was never continued.  I remember all his dragon names but I can't recall the 7th's actually power.  I remember this episode where his dragons have turned into humans and Reca battled them all.  It would have been a great episode if they have showed the real battles. 

When I was in my childhood  years I went to my neighbors house just to watch flame of recca  because at that time only few people could afford buying tv. Sometimes my neighbors didn’t let us in to their house but it didn’t stop me for watching. I continued watching  by peeking at their house holes. The exciting thing about flame of recca is the way he manages to defeat his older brother and how he controlled all the dragons in his arm.