Sign in to follow this  
cmoneyspinner

Have You Ever Joined a Group of Strangers and Played Video Games?

I once had a job working for the federal government. My job transferred me to Austin, Texas.  When we arrived in the city we stayed in a hotel for a few weeks until we could find a place to stay. My kids thought that hotel was so cool. Do you want to know why? Because they could play video games on the TV in the hotel room and compete with other kids in other hotel rooms and have loads of fun!!! They signed on, gave themselves fake names and played their hearts out. Nobody knew anybody. They didn't know who was in what room at the hotel. They just knew who was winning and who was losing.

Have you ever joined in on a video game with total strangers?

I forget the name but there was one kid who was beating everybody!  Nobody could take him down!  Or her.  It could have been a girl.  I don't know!  

I actually haven't. I've only played with friends and family. But I think we're all doing this whenever we play online games. Such as DOTA and the likes. I'm still shy with engaging strangers in arcades or other game places. So I have yet to join others just for the sake of playing with them. 😀

I've joined countless multiplayer lobbies on Call of Duty and PUBG for example. I haven't encountered a decent English speaking person because I'm from Asia and it connects to Asian servers. I still haven't experienced getting paired with a decent group of people and just playing with them like what I see on Youtube videos.

I've joined a lot of plays online. It is enjoyably even if the players are strangers. Tho it is better if the players or your team mates are your friends because you will have a sense of familiarity. So I rarely joined a team of players that I don't know.   

I am not comfortable with playing with strangers, I don't trust anyone that I haven't meet or watched played because I don't want to rank down because of other people.

Actually i have played with a couple of strangers in the past during my college days. however, i am more comfortable in playing with friends and people that i personally know. there is more fun in beating your friends in different games rather than beating strangers who you dont even know:classic_rolleyes::classic_cool:

At gaming conventions, yes many times. It is intimidating at first but everyone is usually just there to have a good time. Sometimes you'll come across people who are way too competitive and take things a little bit too seriously, but that's more rare than you'd think. Occasionally I've played in random multiplayer lobbies but I don't play a lot of MMO games anymore.

Honestly, I have tried once before and it happened few years ago. I used to go to a computer shop before and there are other people there playing computer games. They are playing counter strike that time and unfortunately they need one more player to complete the group members. When I hear it, I didn't hesitate to join them since I know how to play CS. They are all completely strangers to me and it's a good thing that they let me joined. Of course, I gave my best and my group won the game. After that some of them became my friends. But that is my first and last attempt to interact with strangers.