GRAV

Anime that made you die a little on the inside

Whoo! First thread/post in a section!! Yeaaaaaahhhhh! Trend setter! XD But seriously:

What's an anime (or more than one if you have any) that made your feels hurt so bad that you died a little on the inside...or a lot....cos DAYUM!

I would say try not to spoil the plot and stuff but uhh.... Kinda hard when these scenes are key to feels and plot. So, yeah, potential spoilers ahead. YE BE WARNED!

For me, I have too many titles too choose so I will choose the most recent and painful would be Akame ga kill. Tis a beautiful Anime. Lovely. Then death.... lots and lots of death. Would'nt hurt if it were just backgroung characters or faceless hencmen/goons. But it ain't. Two were so painful I could'nt stop crying for days. Not joking. Even now, just thinking about it.... painful. On par with that death in FFVII=/

and that was my poor as example. Enter your own and DISCUSS!! XD

There's certain tropes within anime that makes me die a little on the inside, like screamin' girls.

BUT Wolf's Rain is just such an emotionally trolling anime in the end. I won't spoil it, even though it's quite old. But still.

Wolf's Rain is a good choice; I remember watching it with my sisters when I was young, and though I didn't understand it, I could tell the melancholy of it. I'd only get to understand when I revisited it years later.

I tend to like happier and brighter anime, so it's hard to pick a soul-crushing one per se, but probably the end of Cowboy Bebop.
Not the least of which reason is that it's the end of a good show

Wolf's Rain.....? Can't say as that I have seen that one=/

Solty Rei is another Anime that I say is a must watch. Which also made me sad as hell the first time I watched it. But only in the last few ep's.

Another good one Angel Beats! Boy did that one stab home hard. Wasn't expecting to get much more than laughter from it as it is pretty funny amd light hearted but then sudden about face now you has feels!

Should also list Wolf Children a Silent Voice. Wolf Children is a beauty of an Anime movie you'd think was a Ghibli and A Silent Voice is equally beautiful (though I think my feels for A Silent Voice may be a a bit prejudiced as I relate quite heavily to some of the characters. Especially the male protag).

• Like 1

Mine will be Naruto shippūden because ever since i was young i was watching that. I remember i will beg my brother to open the tv and play the latest episodes of naruto. But last year it already ended. It really breaked my heart. Now i am rewatching my favorite episodes.

I remember watching this anime called Ousama Game. It's a pretty gory anime. Basically, a class of teenagers are forced to play this game by a mysterious entity. The entity communicates to the class by the use of their cellphones. It sends out commands where a chosen teenagers are forced to do it by midnight or else they'll be killed. They get killed by magically getting their heads cut off.

Edited by rlpzbeermoney

On 9/18/2018 at 3:50 AM, rlpzbeermoney said:

I remember watching this anime called Ousama Game. It's a pretty gory anime. Basically, a class of teenagers are forced to play this game by a mysterious entity. The entity communicates to the class by the use of their cellphones. It sends out commands where a chosen teenagers are forced to do it by midnight or else they'll be killed. They get killed by magically getting their heads cut off.

I don't know why but... That reminds me of GANTZ somthin fierceXD

For me it would be inuyashiki. It's a nice anime to watch. I expected that the main character will soon become a hero or something or maybe will soon start an adventure on his own [PLEASE NO SPOILERS]. I hope that they will make a season two [PLEASE NO SPOILERS].

Edited by Derek

The twist of Mirai Nikki made me die on the inside. It's just messed up. For a girl to be driven to murder that many people just because of her fate for her boyfriend.... Though to be honest I enjoyed it in a twisted way.  I enjoyed it better than those slice of life animes that keep coming out. I don't know. Maybe I'm just tired of them.

Someone actually told me about Wolf's Rain but I haven't had the opportunity to watch the animation. The one I would say that touched and squeezed my soul a little bit was the massacre of the Water tribe by the Fire Nation in Avatar. I did cried watching that as I get too emotional at times seeing killing and destruction of the weak. 

Okay, so speaking of anime that turns me emotional. Who else here know the anime Kyoukai no Kanata? The main characters are Mirai Kuriyama who is a girl with a curse blood (it is also her weapon which she can turn into a powerful sword that eliminates demons), and Akihito Kanbara who is a boy with a powerful demon deep within his soul. What it makes me emotional is on the part that Mirai sacrifices herself and her wish to live together with Akihito just to save him. This anime is also full angst that's why I really like it too.

It would probably be Mahou Shouju Madoka Magica. They have such a complex story with its characters. And the reveals as each episode progresses is very heartbreaking. I just like the ending since it's hopeful than most shows I've seen. 😁

11 hours ago, Steve5 said:

It would probably be Mahou Shouju Madoka Magica. They have such a complex story with its characters. And the reveals as each episode progresses is very heartbreaking. I just like the ending since it's hopeful than most shows I've seen. 😁

I had/have mixed feelings about this anime=/ It did'nt really grab me at all. Sure, it hit from left field here and there but it did'nt really hit me. That was until the whole Sayaka change... and the reveal of Homura's relationship with Madoka.... that hurt....

The anime really breaks my heart and still breaking my heart no other than Your Lie in April.  It makes me cry so hard and it is really weird.  And the other anime who break my inner heart are Plastic Memories, The Flower We Saw That Day (AnoHana).

I have watched an anime(I think it was a movie) before about a spirit or something that will vanished if he touched a human, it has a really, really sad ending.  I forgot what is the title of that anime but it was really tragic and I died a little watching it.

I think that A Silent Voice is an anime which I would say made me a little emotional after seeing it. It deals with teenage bullying in a very effective way. The story is written perfectly and each character has its own significance and helps in making the story very effective . it deals with the issue in a very relatable way and makes you involved with the characters c