Sign in to follow this  
Dragoon McKnight

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered

More remastered stuff! Apparently, Square Enix is delving a bit further into the remastered business. Shortly after I posted the news about The Last Remnant getting a remastered version, I was able to find out that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is also getting the same treatment.

When I say Crystal Chronicles, I mean the very first one that graced Nintendo Gamecube with its presence back in 2003 in Japan and 2004 in other regions. It also marked the first time a Final Fantasy title was released on a Nintendo console for nearly a decade, the last being Final Fantasy VI (III in the U.S.)

Crystal Chronicles is an action RPG. You play as young heroes who travel the world, powering the crystals to protect the world from a poisonous force known as Miasma. You get to create your own adventurer, choosing from the 4 races they have available. The game consists of hack and slash combat, and back in the day multiplayer was handled with extra controllers or a Gameboy Advanced. Luckily, the coming remaster is going to come with online functionality. 

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered will be coming to Nintendo Switch and PS4 in 2019 to all regions. English releases will be available as digital downloads only. It's still in development, so once a solid release date is confirmed I'll update this post. 

Edited by Dragoon McKnight
  • Thanks 1

It's good they up'ed the resolution but I really wish they'd put more effort into these HD and remastered releases. Similar to how the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro Trilogy reboots are completely remade graphically. True to the intended visuals and the same game, but more to this era.

But some FFCC gaming on the go is great improvement from the original at least!

WOW! The trailer was really awesome, and all the characters appeared really improved back in the past. I'm always waiting to play it as soon as possible. 

I was always put off from playing FF Crystal Chronicles because of the multiplayer aspect of it.  Is it still an enjoyable game if played in single-player?

I would say yes. It put me off to because back then online multiplayer wasnt prominent like it is today. It was generally using a lan to hook multiple systems up. Where I live, i think I'm the only RPG fan for miles. 

But yes, you should be able to enjoy it plenty on your own. Good ol fashion hack and slash with magic in a final fantasy world. I'll be grabbing it when its released.