Haslamendo

Final Fantasy Coming to Switch

This past week's Nintendo Direct announced  a bunch of Final Fantasy ports, many of which have never been on a Nintendo console.  The Final Fantasy games coming to Switch are:

- Final Fantasy VII

- Final Fantasy IX

- Final Fantasy X & X-2

- Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

- Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition

-World of Final Fantasy Maxima

I'm curious how large the supplemental downloads will be if the main line games receive a physical release.  I'd like to revisit some of the older Final Fantasy's, especially Final Fantasy XII.  I never gave that one much of a chance.  I've also never played Crystal Chronicles, was it any good?

What's curious, though, is the absence of Final Fantasy VIII.  I wonder why they're porting all of the main Playstation era games except VIII.  There are a lot of divisive opinions on that entry in the series but I always liked it.  There are some glaring plot-holes and some corny ex-machinas used to flesh out character relationships, but I enjoyed the battle system and the game has some of the best music of the series.

Is anyone else looking forward to replaying some of these big Final Fantasy titles on the Switch?

• Like 2

Oh man, I already got FFX and FFX-2 for PC. But maybe I'll go for the other games like IX and CC on there. They might not be adding VII because of their remake being worked on but I don't know.

Really, I wish they'd take the moment to do completely redone visuals like the rebooted Bandicoot and Spyro games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Derek said:

They might not be adding VII because of their remake being worked on but I don't know.

I've been hearing mixed reactions regarding the VII remake.  Last I heard they were planning to release it in volumes or episodes?  I may be wrong, but nevertheless I'm still excited for it to come out.  With PS4 nearing the end of its lifecycle, I wonder if it could be an exclusive for the PS5.

• Like 1

FFVIII is one of the 'black sheeps' of the series. I didnt dislike it, but its one of my least favorites. I found the heavy reliance on the GFs through most of the game to be a bit of a turn off. 

Also, I dont own a switch and I wont be able to anytime soon. I'm sure switch owners that enjoy RPGs will be thrilled that the ff games are getting released on it.

I pwn a switch but we have not been playing it because the games are a bit bit boring. This game is my all time favorite and i could play this game all day. Finally i could play it on my switch. 2019 is a long way to go but thats ok.

Do you guys think the Switch is a worthwhile console? I don't do much gaming anymore but I do want to play games that are apparently coming out to this console. I'd like to play the FF games you mentioned as I haven't played some of them. I couldn't afford a PS4 to play KH3. I might just borrow a friend's console gathering dust to play it.

I don't have any Nintendo gaming consoles, I have been much of PS gamer ever since I upgraded my gaming life. But looking at all the switch modes of this games in Nintendo, I'm seriously tempted to explore the possibility of getting them, maybe not now but sooner. 

Although I don't have a Nintendo Switch yet, I plan to get one this coming Christmas. It's good news that Square Enix is going to port a large number of older Final Fantasy titles. I haven't played some of these titles yet and it would be convenient to play on the go if you suddenly had the urge to play some Final Fantasy. 😄

I kind of lost interest in Nintendo as the years went by. Even before, I rarely played it compared to PlayStation and PC. I only really had a console to play the Zelda series, but with the way my life is right now, I can't afford to have a Switch and I'm not sure if I want to. If you enjoy Mario, Zelda, and other Nintendo only games? By all means. But if you're not a fan of their trademark games, then I don't see much point in owning one. Unless you have kids, Nintendo is usually a family friendly market compared to other consoles.

On 9/19/2018 at 7:52 PM, Dragoon McKnight said:

I kind of lost interest in Nintendo as the years went by. Even before, I rarely played it compared to PlayStation and PC. I only really had a console to play the Zelda series, but with the way my life is right now, I can't afford to have a Switch and I'm not sure if I want to. If you enjoy Mario, Zelda, and other Nintendo only games? By all means. But if you're not a fan of their trademark games, then I don't see much point in owning one. Unless you have kids, Nintendo is usually a family friendly market compared to other consoles.

Apart from playing on Nintendo 64 when I was still a teenager, I haven't played anything on the latest Nintendo consoles that are trending of late. So, I wouldn't count myself as one to be bored or tired playing on it when I'm yet to play any FF games switch on it. So, I'm eagerly looking forward to having one as soon as possible. 

On 9/19/2018 at 6:16 PM, rlpzbeermoney said:

Do you guys think the Switch is a worthwhile console? I don't do much gaming anymore but I do want to play games that are apparently coming out to this console. I'd like to play the FF games you mentioned as I haven't played some of them. I couldn't afford a PS4 to play KH3. I might just borrow a friend's console gathering dust to play it.

Curious about this myself, actually. I've been debating whether or not I need a switch, and now that there are so many Final Fantasy games being released for it, it's giving me more incentive to get one.

We do have some decent resale stores here in my country, so I might check out some of the prices for a switch console there and compare it to a brand new one. It's not really in my budget to get a brand new console right now but if it was a decent price I might shell out for one.

17 hours ago, amelia88 said:

Curious about this myself, actually. I've been debating whether or not I need a switch, and now that there are so many Final Fantasy games being released for it, it's giving me more incentive to get one.

We do have some decent resale stores here in my country, so I might check out some of the prices for a switch console there and compare it to a brand new one. It's not really in my budget to get a brand new console right now but if it was a decent price I might shell out for one.

I might go for a used one as well. Though I'm looking for at least 65% of the original price at a decent condition. I'm not paying more than that. It's a fair price considering most of the console owners I know have their consoles just gathering dust. And I guess a great majority stick their consoles on standby instead of turning it off hence overheating without them knowing sometimes. It's a fair price in my opinion.