Haslamendo

Favorite Final Fantasy Soundtrack?

What is your favorite Final Fantasy soundtrack?  There are a bunch of songs throughout the FF series that immediately strike some nostalgia chords, but for me my favorite soundtrack of the series was Final Fantasy VIII.  Much of the soundtrack is contemplative and a bit quieter than some of the other games.  Many of the songs did wonders to exacerbate the lonely atmosphere of the game.

Hands down, my favorite song from FF8 is the theme for Balamb Garden:

Sephiroth's Theme always strikes a chord on my nostalgia heart strings. Even now, I still get sweaty hands whenever I hear it playing the  KH2 boss battle. It's a very iconic song which has probably inspired the church choir-esque themes out there used in anime.

I don't know if I can actually choose a favorite, I enjoy most of them and have most FF soundtracks, along with other RPG games on my iPod. Sephiroth's One Winged Angel is indeed awesome, I especially enjoyed the Crisis Core version of it. Since I've been tearing up the new Dragon Quest, I've gone back and listened to the many Dragon Quest battle themes, most of them symphonic/orchestrated. Good stuff.

The battle theme in Final Fantasy XIII is one of my favorite soundtracks. The violin part is my favorite. I never get tired of listening to this battle soundtrack. I also like Final Fantasy XV's Battle theme called Stand Your Ground. One-Winged Angel is also one of the best soundtracks out there.

Edited by EfficientNinja
  • Like 1

I didn't care much for the XIII games, but the soundtrack was awesome. 

Had to give you a +1 for Stand Your Ground. I've had that one on blast while working out.

4 hours ago, Dragoon McKnight said:

I didn't care much for the XIII games, but the soundtrack was awesome. 

Had to give you a +1 for Stand Your Ground. I've had that one on blast while working out.

Same here. I already forgot what the story was about in that trilogy but the soundtracks really stand out.

I like these types of music that gives you energy or hypes you when you work out. I play these soundtracks when I play League of Legends or DOTA 2 so I wouldn't pay attention to other toxic players. 😄

12 hours ago, Dragoon McKnight said:

I don't know if I can actually choose a favorite, I enjoy most of them and have most FF soundtracks, along with other RPG games on my iPod. Sephiroth's One Winged Angel is indeed awesome, I especially enjoyed the Crisis Core version of it. Since I've been tearing up the new Dragon Quest, I've gone back and listened to the many Dragon Quest battle themes, most of them symphonic/orchestrated. Good stuff. 

So it's called One Winged Angel. It has really been awhile. 😅

Stand Your Ground sounds like a Kingdom Hearts soundtrack to me. I don't exactly remember which exact them it is but I'm guessing a Boss fight theme.

13 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

So it's called One Winged Angel. It has really been awhile. 😅

Stand Your Ground sounds like a Kingdom Hearts soundtrack to me. I don't exactly remember which exact them it is but I'm guessing a Boss fight theme.

It's actually a standard fight theme in the beginning area, you dont hear much of it. I listened to the battle themes before I got the game, and I was convinced it was boss music until I played it. Shoulda been boss music. Track got me more amped than most regular encounter themes that I can think of.

On 9/18/2018 at 12:09 AM, EfficientNinja said:

The battle theme in Final Fantasy XIII is one of my favorite soundtracks. The violin part is my favorite. I never get tired of listening to this battle soundtrack. I also like Final Fantasy XV's Battle theme called Stand Your Ground. One-Winged Angel is also one of the best soundtracks out there.

Wow, it's nice getting to see you having the same song as my favorite song in Final Fantasy. The beats in the sound track Stand your ground thrills me so much that I can't ever get enough listening to it. I even had to download the song for my ordinary listening purposes apart from playing the game. 

My favorite Final Fantasy Soundtrack is the music of the video game Final Fantasy XIII, is a mix in my opinion but a good one, it just makes me thrill. I won't say that the others aren't good but this one is my favorite.

3 hours ago, Martinsx said:

Wow, it's nice getting to see you having the same song as my favorite song in Final Fantasy. The beats in the sound track Stand your ground thrills me so much that I can't ever get enough listening to it. I even had to download the song for my ordinary listening purposes apart from playing the game. 

Yup! I play these soundtracks too when I'm playing some types of games or when I just need something to listen to. Can you recommend more soundtracks that have the same feel as these songs so I can add them to my playlist? 😄

On 9/19/2018 at 2:09 PM, EfficientNinja said:

Yup! I play these soundtracks too when I'm playing some types of games or when I just need something to listen to. Can you recommend more soundtracks that have the same feel as these songs so I can add them to my playlist? 😄

The haunting piano melody of "To Zanarkand" is one which I would easily recommend for you to look for. It's plays first when you load the game and I find it very interesting. I'm not sure if it's going to be something you would fancy as well because we have different taste when it comes to our kind of music but I hope you will love it as well. 

I have far too many. FF1: original theme is the utmost classic. FF2/4 (depending on version SNES/PS1) would be: battle on the big bridge, FF3/6 is :Terra in black, dancing mad, The song Celes sings at the opera (Aria di Mezzo Carattere), FF7: where do I start? Aeris/Aerith's theme, the case music while on the bike(can't remember what it is called), One Winged Angel, JENOVA, the Prelude, Bombing mission, Cosmo Canyon.... I can go on... and I love all the music from Crisis Core and the two songs from Dirge of Cerberus by J-Rock band Gackt! (I actually loved this game eventhough it was glitchy as hell and easily corruptable via game files). FF8: Liberi Fatali, Belamb Garden,  Eyes on Me (instrumental and with vocals), Blue Fields(overworld), both battle(find your way) and boss(force your way) themes, The Man with the Machine Gun(one of my favorites!) And lastly for 8 the remastered version of Maybe I'm a Lion by the black mages.  FF9: Vamo Alla Flamenco, Vivi's theme, Battle 1 & 2, Over the Hill,  Roses of May, Kuja's Theme, The Black Waltz, Not Alone(another of my top favs),  Darkness of Eternity, The Final Battle and Melodies of Life. Ff10... To Zanarkand, Otherworld(original and black mages version), all versions of Hymn of the Fayth, Movement in Green, Thunder Plains, Macalania Woods, Semour's boss battle music (especially #3). FF10-2: The Gull Wings theme, Real Emotion (both english and Japanese vers.) 1000 words..... (I won't play the online games so 11 and 14 will be left out) FF12: none that I can remember because I hated this game due to certain elements... (I wanted to play a Moogle! >_> to name one). FF13: Never finished it, but I did like some songs: Blinded by Light, The Sunleth Waterscape, Chocobos of Cocoon - Chasing Dreams (maybe my favorite vers of the Chocobo theme... next to the original, 7's and 15's...). FF 13-2... all of it! I have the full soundtrack box set that came with the collector's edition of the game and is the only ff13 game i will play. 13 lightning returns.... no idea, I haven't gotten past the tutorial stage as it is such a bad game. I'd rather play the 3DS screwed up version of  LoZ: Majora's Mask... Type-0... Won't go there... Tactics/Tactics advance/Tactics advance 2:  can't remember most of the music but out of the three, Tactics advace had the best score... and now... My newest favorite FF game, 15! I honestly do not know where to start all the music moved me... even the suspencefull track in dangnamit sequence 13 that reminded me of a horror game trope... (I can't play horror games... too jumpy for them) believe me... the music worked well in that game and even having Robbie Daymond (Prompto) singing the Chocobo Theme and Victory fanfare from the original game was the best. That and I will never be able to hear the song Stand by Me and not cry ever again! That always kills me! The battle music, subtle world and town music was great, the dungeon music ambience was stellar... but.. if you wanted a change. You could also listen to almost all the best tracks from every FF game out there via The Regalia and the MP3 player (while walking or rideing your chocobo) 

But yeah... that is my list, hope there are some fan favs of other people in there.. 

Edited by Akira Avelon

Well, the movie may not have been all that (it was mentioned in a different thread) but does anyone at least like the music from Final Fantasy: Spirits Within?  I don't really have a favorite.  I think all the FF music is so good it could be sold without or without the games.

On 9/23/2018 at 10:13 AM, Martinsx said:

The haunting piano melody of "To Zanarkand" is one which I would easily recommend for you to look for. It's plays first when you load the game and I find it very interesting. I'm not sure if it's going to be something you would fancy as well because we have different taste when it comes to our kind of music but I hope you will love it as well. 

The soundtrack is playing on my head as I type this. I mean that it is simply one of the best intro soundtrack on the game which captures some aspects of things as well. 

I believe each soundtrack of the Final Fantasy franchise is excellent. Although my favorite is the three games in the XIII trilogy, all of them have amazing OST's, and it's hard to choose just one.

20 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

The soundtrack is playing on my head as I type this. I mean that it is simply one of the best intro soundtrack on the game which captures some aspects of things as well. 

One thing that I love so much about the soundtracks of each and every Final Fantasy games is the the developers always find a way to get and use the ones that suits the game battle mode. It's been a great addition to the game franchise. 

On 10/6/2018 at 9:07 AM, Martinsx said:

One thing that I love so much about the soundtracks of each and every Final Fantasy games is the the developers always find a way to get and use the ones that suits the game battle mode. It's been a great addition to the game franchise. 

Yeah, Square Enix has been doing great in taking time to do what is best for the site. I have always looked at how good those soundtracks are and believe that it shows how serious that they are in giving the best to their game lovers. 

Final Fantasy VIII has also got to be on the top of my list. The music fit the theme of the game perfectly. FFVIII focused on the love story between Squall and Rinoa and the song Eyes On Me was a song that would linger with me for years to come. I had a dose of the Last Song Syndrome the first time I heard the song. It was awesome. When I was courting a girl, I even sent her the link to the song for her to listen to. I did get rejected, but that's ok... 😄

My runner up would be the soundtrack of FFIX. Everything sounded perfect from the battle sequences to the CG cinematics.

3 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

Yeah, Square Enix has been doing great in taking time to do what is best for the site. I have always looked at how good those soundtracks are and believe that it shows how serious that they are in giving the best to their game lovers. 

Although with all the good work of the company Square Enix with all their production with Final Fantasy games and ever spin offs it comes with as well as soundtracks inclusive, we gamers are never really satisfied. We keep asking for more but hey you can't blame gamers, we are bound to ask more from what we love. 

I think all of the soundtracks are good but my favorite is Final Fantasy VIII. This is the track that I enjoy the most and it's great! There is something about this music that makes me want to listen to it. 

On 10/8/2018 at 9:52 AM, Martinsx said:

Although with all the good work of the company Square Enix with all their production with Final Fantasy games and ever spin offs it comes with as well as soundtracks inclusive, we gamers are never really satisfied. We keep asking for more but hey you can't blame gamers, we are bound to ask more from what we love. 

Gaming is evolving on a daily basis. Gamers are demanding for improvements and trying to wish that games can look as real as possible. This is the challenge that game developers are facing, but it is not one that they can't handle.

The soundtrack quality has always been one of my favorite parts of the FF series. It's awesome, especially some of the amazing work they managed to do on older consoles with a limited range of sounds and notes to choose from. That being said, as much as I love One Winged Angel, my all time favorite will probably always be the masterpiece that is Dancing Mad. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kuzma said:

The soundtrack quality has always been one of my favorite parts of the FF series. It's awesome, especially some of the amazing work they managed to do on older consoles with a limited range of sounds and notes to choose from. That being said, as much as I love One Winged Angel, my all time favorite will probably always be the masterpiece that is Dancing Mad. 

Dancing Mad is a very good introduction to the Final Fantasy games franchise. If I'm permitted to rating the soundtrack on a chart of all the soundtracks used in all FF games, it's definitely going to fall into the top 10. 

My favorite soundtrack would be beatrix' theme , rose of may. I would just listen to it and read books or , just do nothing. You know a soundtrack is good if it makes you emotional after all these years. So here is the song to listen for yourself :

• Like 1