Sign in to follow this  
wallet

Environmental issue

The environmental issue is a concern for all over the world or it should be, I don't know why the world powers don't take serious action regarding the environment. I saw the other day news about storms and cyclones, floods in some foreign countries, this is the result of global warming and pollution and we are doing nothing regarding this.

In my country deforestation is in high use and we have a lot of floods in most of the parts of my country, this is sad because we are destroying the only thing we should protect.

What are your opinions regarding this problem?

Once we have people willing to accept fact over feelings, we'll be closer to trying to solving environmental problems. Saving dying industries instead of finding and using alternatives will not only stop us from getting better but also further harm the environment.

It's sad really. Too many old people in it for their own benefit within their last years alive while screwing over the future generations.

Isn't the international community taking notice of it, though?  I mean, the only detractors that come to mind immediately are the United States and China, but even China is making strides with renewable energy.  The United States current state is a bit regrettable but these things come in waves.

Yes the US has left the Paris Accords (an  international agreement that set bars for renewable energy goals to meet in the future), but just that an agreement such as the Paris Accords exists in the first place is progress.  Hopefully America will adjust its stance in the future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haslamendo said:

Isn't the international community taking notice of it, though?  I mean, the only detractors that come to mind immediately are the United States and China, but even China is making strides with renewable energy.  The United States current state is a bit regrettable but these things come in waves.

Yes the US has left the Paris Accords (an  international agreement that set bars for renewable energy goals to meet in the future), but just that an agreement such as the Paris Accords exists in the first place is progress.  Hopefully America will adjust its stance in the future.

There's definitely progress, but does feel a long way off. Better than nothing though.

With the USA being a major economic leader and a large contributor of pollution, it's definitely a deep hit that the current administration wants to continue the battle against climate science an environment protections.

I guessing the reason why the world powers aren't taking this issue seriously is that they conflict with what they want to do in their respective countries. Implementing countermeasures to global warming for example takes a lot of funding from the government. I live in a third world country, the Philippines. I don't think even our government has the funding to implement such measures. I did just come from experiencing a super typhoon just a few days ago and it was devastating. I get the need for change in direction, but people are just selfish in general. They don't want to dabble in other problems not their own.

I'm trying to take my own steps to be better with this. I think sometimes it can feel like as one person you can't make much of a difference, but I think if everyone takes small steps then eventually we'll get better! Simple things like recycling instead of just throwing everything into the trash, or bringing my recyclable tote bags to the grocery store instead of using plastic bags are small but easy changes to make. It's important that everyone understands that they can do their part for the environment even if it seems insignificant.

I heard this expression practically all of my life. “You never miss the water until the well runs dry.” Right now, nobody is missing the water. Many people don't think or believe the well water will ever dry up.

Here is a short Bible story. Joseph interpreted a dream for a king and warned him there would be a famine. The king put him in charge of handling the situation. Because of Joseph's wisdom in knowing how to store up so that there would be food when the famine struck, many people's lives were saved. Also, Egypt which was already a wealthy nation got even wealthier.

Moral of the story? There were probably people who didn't believe that cockamamie story about a famine in the future. But the people WHO NEEDED TO KNOW DID KNOW and THEY KNEW WHAT TO DO.

So … for those who know how to address the crisisDO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO!!

The unbelievers can thank you later. Even if they don't thank you at all, it won't matter! 

Environmental issues was one of the great concern also in my country because I noticed that every year storms and other calamities are getting worst and stronger. Many innocent lives is being taken by the nature because of the carelessness of the people in taking good care of our mother earth. It is not really surprising that we may encounter strong typhoon and tsunami because of the effects also of the global warming on the earth. That is why people should do some ways to protect our mother earth before it becomes too late.

It is always not easy for governments of the world to do something on anything that relates to the environment. The reason is as a result of the people not being able to adhere to the rules on how to keep the environment healthy. Take for instance, the issue of bush burning is something that the government has been warning people not to get involved, but you end up seeing people breaking such laws and it is not healthy to the environment. 

I feel like taking the necessary steps as an individual will make a change eventually. I remember reading something about a collective effort in society. It's the power of each person to do small acts of awareness that eventually impacts everything. The problem with big issues such as this is that people take it as a somewhat impossibly hard undertaking.

While it is difficult, making a conscious effort will bear fruit in the future. The battle is in the every day stuff we do for our environment. Our actions either benefit or harm mother nature.

I also see a problem regarding overfishing. It is an issue that can drive some species into extinction, though ocean acidification and rising sea temperatures could render most of the seas uninhabitable, pushing almost all species into extinction. In a way, you could say that global warming is the environmental concern and if we do not have a solution, any attempt to solve other environmental problems or any other type of problem at all, for that matter is futile.

I think that we should be the good example in taking good care of our environment because we are the ones who are destroying it. We should not wait for the government to do the action since we can do it already on our own means. Let as start caring for the environment on our own selves , we should not wait for the other people to do those things that we can already do. It is one thing to prevent our environment for having further damage.

I sense terribly awful for the people in less advanced countries. not only did they have got nothing to do with the environmental issues we're dealing with, but they're coping the worst of the issues with less capability to conform in the brief term. long time each person goes to suffer and it won’t rely which country you stay in or how a lot cash you have. Kinda ironic whilst you keep in mind that is changed into greed that were given us into the mess to start with.

Well, I think that there is a huge divide right now in between the developed nations and the developing nations regarding the carbon emissions and the problem of global warming. Development is required especially in the countries which lack the basic amenities like housing and infrastructure. But development at the cost of the environment is never desirable. I think that the developed countries must contribute more and help the less developed countries to cut down on the pollution and deforestation

On 9/18/2018 at 9:32 AM, rlpzbeermoney said:

I guessing the reason why the world powers aren't taking this issue seriously is that they conflict with what they want to do in their respective countries. Implementing countermeasures to global warming for example takes a lot of funding from the government. I live in a third world country, the Philippines. I don't think even our government has the funding to implement such measures. I did just come from experiencing a super typhoon just a few days ago and it was devastating. I get the need for change in direction, but people are just selfish in general. They don't want to dabble in other problems not their own.

Funding can be what is making some of those that we believe that they should be talking about this issue not saying anything. They believe that there is no big deal in handling of situations like this as long as we keep living the way that the society can be better. 

On 9/17/2018 at 5:53 AM, Derek said:

Once we have people willing to accept fact over feelings, we'll be closer to trying to solving environmental problems. Saving dying industries instead of finding and using alternatives will not only stop us from getting better but also further harm the environment.

It's sad really. Too many old people in it for their own benefit within their last years alive while screwing over the future generations.

yes, I agree with you and the saddest thing is they will blame the new gen for the changes when they started it at the first place.