Haslamendo

Final Fantasy VII Remake - A Noshow for Upcoming TGS

Square Enix released its lineup for TGS this year (starting next weekend) and their Final Fantasy VII remake is absent from the list.  Not sure if this is any indication that the game is hitting new roadblocks, but maybe they want to focus on Kingdom Hearts 3.  They will also  be announcing several new titles.

There's also supposed to be new footage for their game The Quiet  Man, which, I have to say, is one of the stranger upcoming releases.  It seems like a callback to FMV story games with integrated combat.  Really curious whether or not that title stays on the rails.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1015150/Square-Enix-news-Final-Fantasy-7-Remake-release-date-Kingdom-Hearts-TGS

It could be that they're focusing on the games coming out soon over games deep in development. Might have to wait until after KH3's release before we learn more about FFVII remake.

• Like 1

I'm seeing rumors about Final Fantasy VII's development on some YouTube channels the last few months. Some say it isn't going well. I hope they are doing some great progress with their development behind the scenes and that they can release it as soon as possible.

I really hope the development is alright but looking at how it's gone in the past... I don't think it is. SE is all about the remakes and remasters they're publishing in the news, but notably silent on one of the most hyped up announcements - the FF7 Remake. Which was announced in 2015. Now we have dead air in regards to it. I'm sure they'll get it made, but I'm not getting my hopes up for it to be coming out anytime soon.

I'm guessing the FF7 remake will come after they finish KH3. It is afterall the game they promised to make after so many years now, only to get side games on every new console since the PS2. I really hope they don't delay KH3's release any later. We've been waiting for at least a decade now.

I hope we're all still alive when they do release Final Fantasy VII remake though. Who knows when they'll finish developing it. They might face problems like they did when developing Final Fantasy XV or they could pull another Kingdom Hearts 3 where they continuously delay the game's release.

21 hours ago, EfficientNinja said:

I hope we're all still alive when they do release Final Fantasy VII remake though. Who knows when they'll finish developing it. They might face problems like they did when developing Final Fantasy XV or they could pull another Kingdom Hearts 3 where they continuously delay the game's release.

They'll not only do a KH3 on the game, they might make sequels of KH, further delaying possible games in the future. I just know it. They couldn't kill their cash making cow. They can't stop milking it.

I do want a remake of FF VII too though. I'll save up for a PS4 or PS5 whichever platform they release it on.

I would say that the sooner this issue with the extended wait for the Final Fantasy VII remake gets sorted out, the better for everyone. Seriously, it's been a long time coming that we have been hearing about the FF VII remake but still yet to see anything. Whatever it is that's holding the company back from finally getting it done must be a serious problem.