FFExtreme Forums
rlpzbeermoney

What's Your Favorite PS1 Game?

My favorite PS1 game is Harvest Moon: Back to Nature. It was hard to choose between that and Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Tomba 2 and Yu-Gi-Oh!.

I liked the farming aspect of the game. I liked the grind the game presented, letting you grow crops and earning profit. I also like the atmosphere of the game, with a certain lure & non-fiction elements in it.  The game has no end and you can play an infinite amount of years. It even lets you choose your wife and to have a baby at one point in the game but the baby is a baby forever.

What is your favorite PS1 game and why?

This is a tough one! It would have to be between FF7, FF Tactics, and Chrono Cross. I want to say FF7 because it was my first PS1 game, and I was already a final fantasy kid when it came out as I had played the NES and SNES versions before it. I loved all three of those games, they were definitely my top three when I was younger and I played them religiously. 

My favorite PlayStation 1 game is Chrono Cross. I've finished the game for the nth time but I still can't get enough of it. The soundtracks in the game are just too awesome. The plot and characters are also good and pair that with a good and unique battle system, and you've got the perfect game. 😄

Wow. You guys must really like Square Enix games that much even way back then. To think they're even your favorite PS1 game. I guess. This is a Square Enix forum though 😅

17 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

Wow. You guys must really like Square Enix games that much even way back then. To think they're even your favorite PS1 game. I guess. This is a Square Enix forum though 😅

Well I'm an rpg freak, and square turned out some good ones. But theres also the breath of fire games. I tore up 3 and 4 on ps1. Also the megaman x games. Loved X4.

My answer is no other than God of War. This game changed the paradigm and entirely made the PlayStation worth its money. It showed at the time what the console is capable of and cement its legacy by being a PS exclusive.

1 hour ago, NerdIndeed said:

My answer is no other than God of War. This game changed the paradigm and entirely made the PlayStation worth its money. It showed at the time what the console is capable of and cement its legacy by being a PS exclusive.

God of War games are pretty awesome but the first one came out on PS2, not PS1

Apart from Final Fantasy? I was all about Metal Gear Solid and Tekken back in the day, but gosh this is a blast from the past for sure! I'm trying to remember what else was out back then. I think there was a Tony Hawk skateboarding game for PS1 too, if I remember correctly...but this is really testing my memory!

1 hour ago, amelia88 said:

Apart from Final Fantasy? I was all about Metal Gear Solid and Tekken back in the day, but gosh this is a blast from the past for sure! I'm trying to remember what else was out back then. I think there was a Tony Hawk skateboarding game for PS1 too, if I remember correctly...but this is really testing my memory!

Oh, I forgot about Tekken! I played Tekken 3 on PlayStation 1 with my friends. Right now there's Tekken 7. The Tekken series has come a long way. 🙂

I remember playing this PS1 game whenever I can't sleep as a kid. Metal Slug X. It's a side scroller shooter game. Had fun playing this game though what was annoying was if you die 3 times you reset back to the beginning. It's arcade style that's why.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:29 PM, Dragoon McKnight said:

God of War games are pretty awesome but the first one came out on PS2, not PS1

Then I stand corrected. I'll post my answer when the thread titled "What's your favorite PS2 game" comes along.  I bought mine used years ago, and I have no idea if it was a 1 or a 2. Oh, well.

21 hours ago, EfficientNinja said:

Oh, I forgot about Tekken! I played Tekken 3 on PlayStation 1 with my friends. Right now there's Tekken 7. The Tekken series has come a long way. 🙂

It is crazy to think that they're at Tekken 7, but I guess that's a testament to the popularity of the series. When they can do that many releases of new games and still have plenty of sales then it's clear they are doing something right!!

On 9/27/2018 at 4:58 PM, rlpzbeermoney said:

I remember playing this PS1 game whenever I can't sleep as a kid. Metal Slug X. It's a side scroller shooter game. Had fun playing this game though what was annoying was if you die 3 times you reset back to the beginning. It's arcade style that's why.

I love playing the Metal Slug series too! I discovered it when playing in arcades when I was a kid and I immediately bought a copy on PlayStation 1 when I saw it in the store.

On 9/28/2018 at 6:01 AM, amelia88 said:

It is crazy to think that they're at Tekken 7, but I guess that's a testament to the popularity of the series. When they can do that many releases of new games and still have plenty of sales then it's clear they are doing something right!!

Yup! The Tekken series has come a long way already. I wouldn't have expected that Tekken 7 would be the best in the series! It's also good that they're adding more characters now.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:23 AM, rlpzbeermoney said:

Their games are always one of the best out there and the time that they always put into the Final Fantasy games will show you the need for them to ensure that things work fine for them. 

On 10/4/2018 at 12:06 PM, cmoneyspinner said:

One of my sons liked Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and some of my other kids liked Final Fantasy (but I forget which number ~ LOL).

Man, Tony Hawk. I used to have the third one for PC years back, me and my friends played the hell out of that game.  I didn't realize how awesome the Tony Hawk games were until I hit up that one.

• Like 1

Too many favorites. If I have to choose a few, it would have to be Metal Gear Solid 1 and Final Fantasy 8. Those are my absolute favorite games. These games introduced me to their respective genres.

There are so many of the games which I played using my PS 1 but I can categorically say that I play PES more than any other game when I had my PS 1. Although, I also played so many mission games which I can't really recall at the moment. 

Ah, the good ol' days 🙂

Number one, Chrono Cross, then FF series, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Tony Hawk series (especially 2), PES, Gran Turismo, Parasite Eve and all those beautiful RPG's.

My favorite PS1 game is Spider-Man. I like the idea of an adventure game with actions. When I play this, I feel like it's real,  that I play inside the game. For me, the fighting scenes are just light and I will enjoy playing it again. 

On 10/8/2018 at 7:59 PM, superlicca said:

My favorite PS1 game is Spider-Man. I like the idea of an adventure game with actions. When I play this, I feel like it's real,  that I play inside the game. For me, the fighting scenes are just light and I will enjoy playing it again. 

I also remember playing Spider-Man! Though I don't remember if it was for the PS1 or PS2. There was this really scary level  where you fight the Lizard in a science room with no power. Used to give me nightmares as a kid. Sadly, they really screwed up Lizard on the Amazing Spider-Man reboot.

Yes, I remember that fight with the Lizard. I agree that it was really scary and it was a hard battle. The lizard looked so terrifying! But I enjoyed playing the game  since it was challenging. 

The PS1 was a treasure trove of excellent games which filled my teenage days with wander and awe. I have a lot of favorites and I'm just going to mention my top 3:

1. Xenogears - this might be my absolute favorite PS1 game of all time. It had all the elements that I loved in an RPG - a superb story, awesome combat, relatable characters, and immersive graphics.
  2. Metal Gear Solid - this was such a joy to play once I got to learn how its stealth mechanics worked. It also had awesome voicework and tons of cinematics which made it look like a movie within a game.
  3. Tenchu - my favorite ninja game on the system. Throwing poisoned rice at my opponents never got old.

My  Favorite PS1 games are 

• -MEGA MAN X4
  • TENCHU 2
  • CRASH BANDICOOT
  • STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3
  • FINAL FANTASY 
  • 2XTREME
  • RESIDENT EVIL
  • TOMB RAIDER
  • TEKKEN
  • SILENT HILL

• Like 1