rlpzbeermoney

What's Your Favorite Anime of all time?

Hunter x Hunter is my favorite anime of all time. I grew up watching the local dubbed version when I was a called and it was only last year when I finished watching the 2011 series. No other anime series comes close to the uniqueness of the storytelling of the show. My favorite arc is the Greed Island arc. It really makes you feel like you're inside an RPG game. Who knows it might have been the one that inspired all these anime/manga with virtual reality gaming built in. It just sucks that the author is plagued with laziness and sicknesses. I doubt he would finish the series soon.

• Cookie Monster 1

I like Hunter X too but One Piece drives me addicted to it. The story is good with full of adventure. Love each characters as well.

10 hours ago, mark86 said:

I like Hunter X too but One Piece drives me addicted to it. The story is good with full of adventure. Love each characters as well. 

I never got into One Piece. Even way back 2012 where I guess even kids at my school were talking about it greatly. I just didn't find it appealing and was intimidated by the amount of episodes you had to watch to catch up. What is it now? 1200 episodes?

I like both One Piece and HunterXHunter 2011 too. The best part for me in Hunter X Hunter was the Chimera Ant arc. Things got a little bit out of hand there and it got pretty dark. 😄

I would also put My Hero Academia there on my top list. It has good animation and soundtracks and it is one of the few animes which I can say is better than their source material/Manga.

Dragon ball for me would still be the best. I always go home early just to watch it. The characters are so cool and watching those those powers they have it will make you hope that you also are like them. I'm only dissapointed by the continuation which is a Japanese version, it will only make you mad by just watching it. It is better if they create different character than just basing it to the original one.

On 9/18/2018 at 2:30 AM, rlpzbeermoney said:

Hunter x Hunter is my favorite anime of all time. I grew up watching the local dubbed version when I was a called and it was only last year when I finished watching the 2011 series. No other anime series comes close to the uniqueness of the storytelling of the show. My favorite arc is the Greed Island arc. It really makes you feel like you're inside an RPG game. Who knows it might have been the one that inspired all these anime/manga with virtual reality gaming built in. It just sucks that the author is plagued with laziness and sicknesses. I doubt he would finish the series soon.

Wow! Me too! But I'm not like other fans that got to start from the very beginning. Actually, I started the series in the Greed Island Arc. It was amazing! I loved the series because of that. It reminded me of Yugioh. But the way they executed the idea of a virtual world was beyond any other series who've done it.

It made me want to have those cards in real life. I'd choose "Angel's Breath" out of all of them. Imagine having that card and knowing you have one instance of perfect healing when you need it the most. 😇

Avatar would be my favorite anime of all time, I couldn't ever get enough of it when I was still a teenager and even now as an adult. The Legend of Anag - The Last Air Bender and The Legend of Korra really had a huge impact on me. 

I even went to the extent of watching the real Avatar movie in order to have a good comparison between the anime and real human movie but I think I loved the anime better. 

19 hours ago, Steve5 said:

Wow! Me too! But I'm not like other fans that got to start from the very beginning. Actually, I started the series in the Greed Island Arc. It was amazing! I loved the series because of that. It reminded me of Yugioh. But the way they executed the idea of a virtual world was beyond any other series who've done it.

It made me want to have those cards in real life. I'd choose "Angel's Breath" out of all of them. Imagine having that card and knowing you have one instance of perfect healing when you need it the most. 😇

Greed Island Arc is the best arc. This shows the author's creativity in story writing. It was back when trading card games were slowly rising in popularity. The whole RPG in Real life scenario really works. I can imagine the author is a huge Dragon Quest fan. I can see the influence in the arc itself.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

Greed Island Arc is the best arc. This shows the author's creativity in story writing. It was back when trading card games were slowly rising in popularity. The whole RPG in Real life scenario really works. I can imagine the author is a huge Dragon Quest fan. I can see the influence in the arc itself.

I agree. I found myself in awe of all the game's mechanics. It wouldn't surprise me to find that sort of game in real life. Because that's how well made it is. The world building there was extraordinary. In fact, I think the island even surpassed the world outside. Everything there was so amazing. The only thing is that it's also dangerous due to others seeking to collect all 99 slot cards. 😁

8 hours ago, Martinsx said:

Avatar would be my favorite anime of all time, I couldn't ever get enough of it when I was still a teenager and even now as an adult. The Legend of Anag - The Last Air Bender and The Legend of Korra really had a huge impact on me. 

I even went to the extent of watching the real Avatar movie in order to have a good comparison between the anime and real human movie but I think I loved the anime better. 

Wait, who's Anag? He's definitely a new character. 😂

I also preferred the anime compared to the movie. This series would really benefit from becoming a TV series rather than a movie. The pacing would definitely improve since it would match more with how the anime showed each episode.

I really like One Piece too - I lived in Japan for a few years and it was HUGE there, so I really got into it as well. They even had One Piece exhibitions at places like Tokyo Tower...super cool!

Another of my favorites is Strike Witches, which I recommend highly! My husband's favorite is Full Metal Alchemist.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Steve5 said:

Wait, who's Anag? He's definitely a new character. 😂

I also preferred the anime compared to the movie. This series would really benefit from becoming a TV series rather than a movie. The pacing would definitely improve since it would match more with how the anime showed each episode.

If you watched the anime Avatar, I'm definitely sure that you are not going to ask that question who is Anag? But don't worry my friend, I'm going to make it easy for you to know who he is and if you want to know more about him, I would suggest getting the animation to watch. It's still being sold in movies stores at the moment. 

Below is the picture of Anag in the Avatar. IMG_20180617_122019_555.JPG.786148c452be147feb95c52fcfa276fa.JPG

I have a lot of favorites on my list. Maybe the one which comes on top is Death Note, a story about a Japanese student who picked up a notebook which has the power to kill people. I like it because the story was just unique, well-written script, great plot, and a twist in the end. It's an excellent series, especially for intellectual people.

11 hours ago, Martinsx said:

If you watched the anime Avatar, I'm definitely sure that you are not going to ask that question who is Anag? But don't worry my friend, I'm going to make it easy for you to know who he is and if you want to know more about him, I would suggest getting the animation to watch. It's still being sold in movies stores at the moment. 

Below is the picture of anag in the avatar.

IMG_20180617_122019_555.JPG.786148c452be147feb95c52fcfa276fa.JPG

Oh, now I remember. But you probably meant "Aang." That's his name in the show.

I've always enjoyed watching it. The different elements were a huge part of the appeal. My favorite was "Water Bending". How about you? Which element did you the like the most? Lots of people seem to like "Air Bending" because it allows you to fly and do a bunch of stuff. 😄

16 hours ago, amelia88 said:

I really like One Piece too - I lived in Japan for a few years and it was HUGE there, so I really got into it as well. They even had One Piece exhibitions at places like Tokyo Tower...super cool!

Another of my favorites is Strike Witches, which I recommend highly! My husband's favorite is Full Metal Alchemist.

I'm probably not a fan of that show. "One Piece" just doesn't appeal to my interest.

But I remember "Full Metal Alchemist". That show was famous back then. Probably still is now. The most fascinating thing about it was the idea of the philosopher's stone. I don't why but that made me watch it for some time. Sadly, I'm not updated with the episodes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NerdIndeed said:

I have a lot of favorites on my list. Maybe the one which comes on top is Death Note, a story about a Japanese student who picked up a notebook which has the power to kill people. I like it because the story was just unique, well-written script, great plot, and a twist in the end. It's an excellent series, especially for intellectual people.

It's kind's of scary for me. I remember reading some of it and feeling a kind of existential dread. But I'm way past that right now. It's probably the appeal to fans of the series. It has a very dark and bleak world. Admittedly, it's not far from reality. This makes it that much more terrifying. 😅

Could you please share some knowledge about special rules and exceptions? My favorite was an "eraser" of some kind. Like there are rules and stuff that will allow you to reverse what you did or avoid dying if someone else wrote your name.

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2018 at 1:06 AM, Steve5 said:

I agree. I found myself in awe of all the game's mechanics. It wouldn't surprise me to find that sort of game in real life. Because that's how well made it is. The world building there was extraordinary. In fact, I think the island even surpassed the world outside. Everything there was so amazing. The only thing is that it's also dangerous due to others seeking to collect all 99 slot cards. 😁

There's a new mobile game coming out soon. Greed Island 2 for both Android and IOS. It even has a small OVA anime to promote the game.  Though it's not the same game as the anime, I'm going to play it when it comes out. I'm excited :classic_biggrin:.

• Cookie Monster 1

10 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

There's a new mobile game coming out soon. Greed Island 2 for both Android and IOS. It even has a small OVA anime to promote the game.  Though it's not the same game as the anime, I'm going to play it when it comes out. I'm excited :classic_biggrin:.

Oh my gosh! Color me excited. I didn't know they have that. It's kind of like Digimon Links. I really need to get a new phone. I can't seem to play the best mobile games due to incompatibility. But why isn't it the same game? It would be so cool to jump into the virtual world and play among other real life players. 🤣 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Steve5 said:

Oh my gosh! Color me excited. I didn't know they have that. It's kind of like Digimon Links. I really need to get a new phone. I can't seem to play the best mobile games due to incompatibility. But why isn't it the same game? It would be so cool to jump into the virtual world and play among other real life players. 🤣  

I'm just excited there's new Hunter X Hunter content this late in 2018. The anime has long ended and the community is still raving strong. I really hope they capture the fantasy of Greed Island. I hope it's not just a cash cow of a game.

I got the news from my Google feed. It was bundled with the news that the author has announced the current arc of the manga will be the second to the last arc of the series. He obviously doesn't want to go on any further and I really hope he finishes it his way. not like Naruto or Bleach that had Shonen Jump decide how and when they'll end it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

I'm just excited there's new Hunter X Hunter content this late in 2018. The anime has long ended and the community is still raving strong. I really hope they capture the fantasy of Greed Island. I hope it's not just a cash cow of a game.

I got the news from my Google feed. It was bundled with the news that the author has announced the current arc of the manga will be the second to the last arc of the series. He obviously doesn't want to go on any further and I really hope he finishes it his way. not like Naruto or Bleach that had Shonen Jump decide how and when they'll end it.

It reminds me of how Cardcaptor Sakura was resurrected. So many anime continue to live on because of the loyal fans and community. As for Hunter X Hunter, I thought the story already ended. I only knew that he wanted to meet his father so badly and thought the series would end once he did.

Also, I hope it ends well. It's really hard to nail a perfect ending. Most stories are lucky enough to last this long already.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve5 said:

Oh, now I remember. But you probably meant "Aang." That's his name in the show.

I've always enjoyed watching it. The different elements were a huge part of the appeal. My favorite was "Water Bending". How about you? Which element did you the like the most? Lots of people seem to like "Air Bending" because it allows you to fly and do a bunch of stuff. 😄

I have a thing for fire, so bending the element of fire is my favorite of all the abilities in the anime. As much as Aang was the protagonist in the animation, it was the fire lord who was my favorite character in the animation. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Steve5 said:

It's kind's of scary for me. I remember reading some of it and feeling a kind of existential dread. But I'm way past that right now. It's probably the appeal to fans of the series. It has a very dark and bleak world. Admittedly, it's not far from reality. This makes it that much more terrifying. 😅

Could you please share some knowledge about special rules and exceptions? My favorite was an "eraser" of some kind. Like there are rules and stuff that will allow you to reverse what you did or avoid dying if someone else wrote your name.

If my memory serves me right, the notebook won't work if you just write the name of the person and not know how he/she looks like. Another is if you specify how the person will die in 40 seconds (not sure) he/she will die in that manner, if not, he/she will die of a heart attack. That's the only ones that I can remember on the top of my head but there are a whole lot more.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, NerdIndeed said:

If my memory serves me right, the notebook won't work if you just write the name of the person and not know how he/she looks like. Another is if you specify how the person will die in 40 seconds (not sure) he/she will die in that manner, if not, he/she will die of a heart attack. That's the only ones that I can remember on the top of my head but there are a whole lot more.

I believe it's Death Note and yeah it's a good anime. It's unique in it's premise and it didn't fit with the whole Naruto, Bleach and One Piece animes. That's why it's so popular because it's good despite of that.

I'm not gonna lie. I wanted to own a Death Note and kill a few people that crosses me the other way.😈

3 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

I believe it's Death Note and yeah it's a good anime. It's unique in it's premise and it didn't fit with the whole Naruto, Bleach and One Piece animes. That's why it's so popular because it's good despite of that.

I'm not gonna lie. I wanted to own a Death Note and kill a few people that crosses me the other way.😈

I have actually been suggested getting Death Note by a very good friend of mine but I haven't managed to actually get my hands on it till now. I still have plans to get it and have good fun with. It has a game too as well because I think that I have seen some ads on the Death Note. 

6 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

You are not alone on this my friend. I would love to own one too or be best friends with a Shinigami.