rlpzbeermoney

What's Your Favorite Anime of all time?

9 hours ago, Steve5 said:

Sorry, I was thinking about it being used in real life. I didn't know you were just referring to the anime. In the real world, such a powerful item might be used for revenge. Practically, for any reason the holder wants. It's a good thing it doesn't exist. This reminds me of a similar anime named Jigoku Shoujo. 🙂

Forgive me as I never realized you were talking about its applications in the real world. Nevertheless, it might not exist as far as we know, but we can't be sure of that. Maybe someone is using it discreetly without us knowing, 🙂

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Steve5 said:

Sorry, I was thinking about it being used in real life. I didn't know you were just referring to the anime. In the real world, such a powerful item might be used for revenge. Practically, for any reason the holder wants. It's a good thing it doesn't exist. This reminds me of a similar anime named Jigoku Shoujo. 🙂

I also watched Jigoku Shoujo. I don't know if I'm sick or not but I actually enjoy watching people die in anime, either they be good or not. I just find it satisfying, like watching those cleaning videos on Facebook. Satisfies my inner OCD 😉

Edited by rlpzbeermoney
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

I also watched Jigoku Shoujo. I don't know if I'm sick or not but I actually enjoy watching people die in anime, either they be good or not. I just find it satisfying, like watching those cleaning videos on Facebook. Satisfies my inner OCD 😉

That's scary. But I guess I understand what you mean. Others seem to satisfy their specific compulsions by watching stuff like that. Also, I happen to find Hell Girl interesting. That show was very creepy. But it did inspire you not to do evil. Because in the end, something like that will happen to you. 😀

10 hours ago, NerdIndeed said:

Forgive me as I never realized you were talking about its applications in the real world. Nevertheless, it might not exist as far as we know, but we can't be sure of that. Maybe someone is using it discreetly without us knowing, 🙂

It's okay. I'm sure something like that could exist in the real world. Maybe not the death note from the anime. But I wouldn't be surprised if there's something that could be used to kill anyone the user wants. It'd be terrifying. There are Youtube videos showing different mystical objects that defy reality. 😁

On 10/9/2018 at 6:22 AM, Steve5 said:

That's scary. But I guess I understand what you mean. Others seem to satisfy their specific compulsions by watching stuff like that. Also, I happen to find Hell Girl interesting. That show was very creepy. But it did inspire you not to do evil. Because in the end, something like that will happen to you. 😀

On that note, I was browsing Youtube the other day and I've seen that they animated Goblin Slayer. Whenever I'm bored, I'd go pick up a random manga to read and Goblin Slayer was my pick way back. It goes to zero real quick with the first chapter including goblins decapitating an entire party and raping the female members in it. I'm surprised they animated the manga. Definitely on my list on anime that made me die inside when I pull the trigger and watch it.

15 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

On that note, I was browsing Youtube the other day and I've seen that they animated Goblin Slayer. Whenever I'm bored, I'd go pick up a random manga to read and Goblin Slayer was my pick way back. It goes to zero real quick with the first chapter including goblins decapitating an entire party and raping the female members in it. I'm surprised they animated the manga. Definitely on my list on anime that made me die inside when I pull the trigger and watch it.

I probably wouldn't watch that. I don't really like shows that have lots of gore and violence. In a way, I'm less shocked but more disturbed. It's become very common for us to see extreme stuff in media. Still, it's far from comfortable whenever you're reading or watching something horrible. 😯

18 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I probably wouldn't watch that. I don't really like shows that have lots of gore and violence. In a way, I'm less shocked but more disturbed. It's become very common for us to see extreme stuff in media. Still, it's far from comfortable whenever you're reading or watching something horrible. 😯

I don't know. I just find the non-gory stuff to be a bit boring. It follows a certain formula. The "adult" stuff is what piqued my interest lately. They aren't afraid to kill characters off for the sake of the plot. Kind of like Attack on Titan.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

I don't know. I just find the non-gory stuff to be a bit boring. It follows a certain formula. The "adult" stuff is what piqued my interest lately. They aren't afraid to kill characters off for the sake of the plot. Kind of like Attack on Titan.

That's funny. I've heard many viewers share the same sentiments. It seems that many have become acquainted with formulaic storytelling. So they probably want something unpredictable. It could be similar to Game of Thrones. So many good characters ended up with horrible deaths. No one's ever truly safe. And as you've said, it's not boring. 😀

On 9/24/2018 at 3:49 AM, Martinsx said:

Avatar would be my favorite anime of all time, I couldn't ever get enough of it when I was still a teenager and even now as an adult. The Legend of Anag - The Last Air Bender and The Legend of Korra really had a huge impact on me. 

I even went to the extent of watching the real Avatar movie in order to have a good comparison between the anime and real human movie but I think I loved the anime better. 

I was also going to say Avatar.  But then I found out there was debate over whether it is an anime. 

https://www.quora.com/Does-Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-count-as-anime

If it is ever decided that it is an anime, It's my favorite. 😀

3 hours ago, cmoneyspinner said:

I was also going to say Avatar.  But then I found out there was debate over whether it is an anime. 

https://www.quora.com/Does-Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-count-as-anime

If it is ever decided that it is an anime, It's my favorite. 😀

I don't know about the debate whether it's an animation or not , it doesn't bother me at all because I'm absolutely certain it's an anime and nothing more. 

If it doesn't count as an anime, what then does it count as? 

• Like 1

I would not exactly put this series at top of my faves list. YET.  I started watching it and didn't finish because I got distracted doing something else. But the story line is very interesting and I would like to know how it ends. This anime series is called Attack on Titan.

My kids watch Death Note and Hunter X Hunter.