FFExtreme Forums
rlpzbeermoney

What's Your Favorite Anime of all time?

On 9/26/2018 at 5:49 PM, Martinsx said:

I have a thing for fire, so bending the element of fire is my favorite of all the abilities in the anime. As much as Aang was the protagonist in the animation, it was the fire lord who was my favorite character in the animation. 

I agree. The Fire Lord was the most awaited villain in the entire show. I liked how they had the Fire Element as the antagonist's ability. What I liked about Water Bending was its ability to heal. Do you remember the part where Katara uses healing water on Aang? :classic_biggrin:

On 9/26/2018 at 7:17 PM, NerdIndeed said:

If my memory serves me right, the notebook won't work if you just write the name of the person and not know how he/she looks like. Another is if you specify how the person will die in 40 seconds (not sure) he/she will die in that manner, if not, he/she will die of a heart attack. That's the only ones that I can remember on the top of my head but there are a whole lot more.

It's a good thing that it has limits. Though, if someone really wanted to use it on you, they'd surely know what you look like. I just found out that it's called "Death Eraser." Anyway, it's not really used much in the series. I found it interesting because it says that when you erase a name that was written, they will miraculously come back to life. 😀

16 hours ago, NerdIndeed said:

You are not alone on this my friend. I would love to own one too or be best friends with a Shinigami.

If I had a Death Note, I'd probably go the path Light took. I mean who in the world can stop me right? It's impossible that a real L exists.

14 hours ago, Steve5 said:

It's a good thing that it has limits. Though, if someone really wanted to use it on you, they'd surely know what you look like. I just found out that it's called "Death Eraser." Anyway, it's not really used much in the series. I found it interesting because it says that when you erase a name that was written, they will miraculously come back to life. 😀

Dang bro. That's not part of the original story. That's part of the extra chapters. I just remembered when I googled it... Though I think this Death Eraser shouldn't exists. The consequences of writing a name in the Death Note becomes smaller. I think that's why they didn't include it in the main manga.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I agree. The Fire Lord was the most awaited villain in the entire show. I liked how they had the Fire Element as the antagonist's ability. What I liked about Water Bending was its ability to heal. Do you remember the part where Katara uses healing water on Aang? :classic_biggrin:

Yes of course, I still remembered at least 80% of all that happened in the animation Avatar. I think that I still have the DVD somewhere if I still have the need to re-watch it once more or better still, I can download it online and watch whenever I please. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

Dang bro. That's not part of the original story. That's part of the extra chapters. I just remembered when I googled it... Though I think this Death Eraser shouldn't exists. The consequences of writing a name in the Death Note becomes smaller. I think that's why they didn't include it in the main manga.

Yes, you're probably right. It kind of makes the death note less menacing to some extent. But I did remember it was a thing for a while. Like about a decade ago. People would find comfort in finding an eraser to undo the damage of whoever wrote someone's name there. 😀

6 hours ago, Martinsx said:

Yes of course, I still remembered at least 80% of all that happened in the animation Avatar. I think that I still have the DVD somewhere if I still have the need to re-watch it once more or better still, I can download it online and watch whenever I please. 

That's nice. I don't have a DVD copy of the series. So I guess I'd have to watch it online if I did want to revisit the series. I just like battle between the elements. It's so cool whenever they have colorful use of imagery. And the fact that the water element can turn into ice. It's so cool! 😁

16 hours ago, Steve5 said:

That's nice. I don't have a DVD copy of the series. So I guess I'd have to watch it online if I did want to revisit the series. I just like battle between the elements. It's so cool whenever they have colorful use of imagery. And the fact that the water element can turn into ice. It's so cool! 😁

Yes, it's very easy to see the anime online and watch it. You easily get it in YouTube and have your fun with it. If there is any huge video games and movies store within your area of residence, I'm sure you can find a copy of the animation to watch as well. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Martinsx said:

Yes, it's very easy to see the anime online and watch it. You easily get it in YouTube and have your fun with it. If there is any huge video games and movies store within your area of residence, I'm sure you can find a copy of the animation to watch as well. 

It's somewhat difficult to watch it on Youtube. You won't find a good copy because they're strict with copyright issues. But there are websites that provide us with free access. Though, they usually have lots of ads. 😀

19 hours ago, Steve5 said:

It's somewhat difficult to watch it on Youtube. You won't find a good copy because they're strict with copyright issues. But there are websites that provide us with free access. Though, they usually have lots of ads. 😀

The truth is that there are some fake uploads in YouTube with any video one is looking for online but all you need to do is take your time and not rush it until you get the original copy of the animation you are looking for. 

1 hour ago, Martinsx said:

The truth is that there are some fake uploads in YouTube with any video one is looking for online but all you need to do is take your time and not rush it until you get the original copy of the animation you are looking for. 

I guess this is the case with online uploads. They could just be titled differently so that others can find them. So maybe we'll find nice copies of Avator episodes on Youtube. It's going to take some looking around before we get there. 😀

It's much better to torrent anime than streaming. On the day the episode is uploaded, almost always you can't watch it because of the server load. Even after the day the episode is uploaded, it won't load. Sometimes, the quality is just horrendous and they don't fix it. I recommend going to the subbing website and download from there. Sometimes, they even compile all episodes into a season torrent.

On 9/28/2018 at 4:22 PM, rlpzbeermoney said:

If I had a Death Note, I'd probably go the path Light took. I mean who in the world can stop me right? It's impossible that a real L exists.

Haha yeah. No one in this world is probably as smart as L is.  Who in the world has all this time doing what he does? That's just crazy.

On 9/28/2018 at 1:31 AM, Steve5 said:

Death eraser? The anime didn't mention that as far as I recall. Maybe in the manga.

Edited by NerdIndeed
  • Haha 1

Too many faves to list....well, remember actually. But my holy grail anime (that is an anime that contains all my fave tropes, character types and so on) is High School DxD. Came for lewd, stayed for the plot (yes, pun IS intended). Never have I seen anime that has enough action, ecchi, fanservice, jokes, puns, story and awesome relatable characters than this one. I have watched and re-watched it at least four or five times in the last year alone AND it still makes me laugh AND cry. Yes, a lewd as all hell ecchi fanservice anime that can make a full grown man cry. Not ashamed to admit that in the least.

To scale the level of tears, the only two things that have made me cry so hard besides DxD is the Lion King (when Mufasa dies. I was kid at the time. Hurt for months. Still tear up to this day) and Akame ga Kill (god damn did that leave hole in me or WHAT!?) but DxD got me the worst/best.

Re-reading this post, this looks like a re-write of my post from my thread in this section. No less true though.

On 9/28/2018 at 1:31 AM, Steve5 said:

I wish they explored more on this Death Eraser. Like if someone was decapitated, will the head be like the one who'll come back to life and immediately die because they started bleeding out? If someone was buried in the ground already, will they suffocate since they are in the ground already?

• Haha 1

For me my favorite anime of all time is the Detective Conan because it is really exciting and challenging anime series that I really like  from my younger days and until now that I already grown up. I really learned a lot from it which makes it more interesting for me because most of the scene or situation in the anime really happens in the real life. I learned on how to avoid and solved a particular crime which is really an important knowledge that i already learned from it. I would highly recommend this to everyone since they will learned some moral values and some basic knowledge on how to defend our selves from the possible crime that might happen.

On 9/30/2018 at 12:57 PM, Steve5 said:

I guess this is the case with online uploads. They could just be titled differently so that others can find them. So maybe we'll find nice copies of Avator episodes on Youtube. It's going to take some looking around before we get there. 😀

Yes! It's just what we have today in the world. People look for every small opportunity to exploit an advantage in anything they find in the world today. And with online business, you can rest assured be  getting those that are willing to use black hat tricks to manipulate the system and earn money along with fake offers. 

On 9/30/2018 at 9:10 PM, NerdIndeed said:

Death eraser? The anime didn't mention that as far as I recall. Maybe in the manga.

Yes, you're right. It might be limited to the manga. It's one of those few exceptions to powerful objects. Though, it only works if the person's body is still fully intact. I'm not sure what would happen if the person is missing some limbs. 😀

6 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

I wish they explored more on this Death Eraser. Like if someone was decapitated, will the head be like the one who'll come back to life and immediately die because they started bleeding out? If someone was buried in the ground already, will they suffocate since they are in the ground already?

That's what I was thinking as well. It probably won't work as intended if circumstances don't fit. Those examples show how the eraser might not work. It would probably only work for ideal conditions. Let's say someone's body is out in the open and complete. That would make it easier to miraculously come back to life. 😁

2 hours ago, Steve5 said:

Yes, you're right. It might be limited to the manga. It's one of those few exceptions to powerful objects. Though, it only works if the person's body is still fully intact. I'm not sure what would happen if the person is missing some limbs. 😀

LOL. That might be interesting and completely change the dynamics of the anime and Kira himself. Though there may only be a few instances that Kira will bring back someone to life because mostly the people he kills are criminals who he believes are a threat to society. I don't see any reason why he will use the Death Eraser on them.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, NerdIndeed said:

LOL. That might be interesting and completely change the dynamics of the anime and Kira himself. Though there may only be a few instances that Kira will bring back someone to life because mostly the people he kills are criminals who he believes are a threat to society. I don't see any reason why he will use the Death Eraser on them.

I think it could be for tragic deaths. If I'm not mistaken, some people use it unjustly or something like that. Maybe out of revenge. You can't really tell the person's true motivations behind their decision to write the name. It could be a way to somehow reverse the deaths of those who didn't deserve it. 😀

2 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I think it could be for tragic deaths. If I'm not mistaken, some people use it unjustly or something like that. Maybe out of revenge. You can't really tell the person's true motivations behind their decision to write the name. It could be a way to somehow reverse the deaths of those who didn't deserve it. 😀

Revenge? In the story, only Kira (L) has the death note, no one else. He passed it on to someone, but still, he is the one telling them who to kill. Tragic deaths? As I said, most of the individuals he writes are criminals who he believes is a significant threat to the society. Why should he bring them back to life?

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2018 at 9:53 PM, NerdIndeed said:

Revenge? In the story, only Kira (L) has the death note, no one else. He passed it on to someone, but still, he is the one telling them who to kill. Tragic deaths? As I said, most of the individuals he writes are criminals who he believes is a significant threat to the society. Why should he bring them back to life?

Sorry, I was thinking about it being used in real life. I didn't know you were just referring to the anime. In the real world, such a powerful item might be used for revenge. Practically, for any reason the holder wants. It's a good thing it doesn't exist. This reminds me of a similar anime named Jigoku Shoujo. 🙂

For me One Piece is the best anime I've ever watched. You might ask for what reason I'm so resolute well given me a chance to expand. This anime is so well thoroughly considered from the earliest starting point by Oda, he has made astounding characters and presented them at various purposes of the anime. Some have been principle characters from the plain begin however their history remained a secret and the manner in which Oda uncovers their past and how it impacted the individual they are currently in the fundamental story is generally exceptionally passionate, endearing and moving.