Derek

What was the first FF game you played?

While there's a lot of buzz around FFVII (and I'm so looking forward to the remake), my first experience with Final Fantasy series was FFX.

Being that PS2 was my first Playstation system and the attention it got cause of its graphics, I picked it up and tried it out. Immediately fell in love with the crazy fantasy stuff going on and was glued to it. And as soon as I heard about FFX-2, I got it without hesitation. And that sequel was fun for it's mechanics but pretty awkward for a FF game.

My first experience was Final Fantasy VIII. My sisters put together their money to buy it, and I provided enough money to pay for tax, so it was technically the first game I owned, too.
Given that I was somewhere between 5-7, I barely understood any of it. I remember crying at the missile base because I thought I screwed everything up, and the junction system went over my head, so I needed a lot of guidance from my sisters. In hindsight, it's amazing to me how easy it is to abuse that system and break the game, but at the time, I relied heavily on the Guardian Forces to do all of the work for me. No surprise that I couldn't beat the game.
I remember the game gave me an absolute love of fantasy and waltzes, and if not for that game, I don't know that I would have explored so heavily into the other Square games as I have. 

X was the second game I played the most out of, and I agree that was a good game to start with (especially because I was actually old enough to understand it that time around). I loved its take on the CTB, and it's funny you say that you liked the mechanics of X-2, because that also was my favorite part about the game.

For me it was the original Final Fantasy for NES. The game was hard, so I didn't get to far into the game. However, one of my friends at the time had a copy of the strategy guide and he gave it to me. I became a fan just flipping thru the pages of the magazine and looking at all the awesome quests ahead in the game.

The first FF for me was FFVII. *insert obligatory VII is best meme/argument here*

The first 2 times I played it, I was far too young to get it. The story went miles over my head. It was'nt until after I played and finished VIII that I went back and played VII and oh boy did I fall in love with it. Which also makes "that" scene the first most traumatic gaming experience I ever had. Never had I wanted to put my fist through the TV more in my life then that moment.

Such a good game ❤️

But most FF games are win and lord XD

I think it was FF VII or IX.  Can't really remember. It wasn't the first RPG i played, but first one from FF series. After that i don't ever remember, but i know i finished them all (except I and XV), some of them multiple times.  I'm currently saving money for PS4 to play XV.

Man, I remember first learning about FFVII through KH, however, the first one I played was FFIX, looking back at it now it wasn’t the best game I played but that’s what help jumpstart my fascination with the FF mythos.

5 hours ago, Andriux said:

Man, I remember first learning about FFVII through KH, however, the first one I played was FFIX, looking back at it now it wasn’t the best game I played but that’s what help jumpstart my fascination with the FF mythos.

Now you just gotta get ready for the FFVII Remake!

• Like 1

I heard that the remake will be so large that they're going to give it to us in parts, is this true? I'm still waiting for them to finish the dang Compilation series that they abruptly stopped sheesh.

The first final fantasy that I ever played was Final Fantasy 1 and to Dawn of Souls. I played it on my Gameboy Advance and it is really a good game. I played it a lot since I woke up and before I sleep. 

Final Fantasy VII was the first Final Fantasy game I played and it was my first ever RPG game I had ever played.  I was a bit confused by the mechanics at first because I was young, but I was eventually hooked.

I revisit the game occasionally and still love the battle system and the music.  There's something very satisfying about leveling up materia to the point that the characters are practically invincible.  There are aspects of the game that have not aged well, though.  The marching mini-game in Junon is not very fun and the snowboarding mini-game is a bit corny now... Also, Cait Sith is a very confusing character.  Was the cat controlling the big guy or what?

The first ff that i played was Final fantasy XI. I remember it was given to my brother by our dad. And i was really imazed on him playing it so tried it. I got so amazed by it and i love it. Eventually it became my favorite.

My first Final Fantasy game was the first Final Fantasy. I played it on PlayStation 1 though. I already knew that it was a ported version during the first time I played it because it has an older style of graphics and gameplay compared to other RPGs on PlayStation 1. Either way, I enjoyed it and this game is part of the reason I got hooked to RPGs, especially JRPGs.

Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1 was the first FF game I ever played. At the time I was only a kid and back then it didn't really appeal to me. The turn based strategy system back then was a little confusing for me. It was only when I was playing the PSP ports that I really did appreciate it. It spawned my love for JRPGs with similar based fighting systems like Disgaea.

I have been looking forward to the Final Fantasy VII remake and simply can't wait to finally get my hands on it once it's out. Have any official date been fixed when the remake is going to be released? 

On the first Final Fantasy game that I played, I think that it should be Final Fantasy 6. It's one of the best and complete FF games ever made. 

9 hours ago, Martinsx said:

I have been looking forward to the Final Fantasy VII remake and simply can't wait to finally get my hands on it once it's out. Have any official date been fixed when the remake is going to be released?

Unfortunately, there's no release date yet. On their previous strings of announcements, FF7 Remake was nowhere in that lineup. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon, fingers crossed that the production isn't having problems.

Mine was FF VII on PS1. When this game appeared, I decided to have and play it without any questions. It was great and classical. A good combination of 3D graphics, interesting battle and beautiful characters.

My first experience with the franchise came through FF8. Most of the guys I knew started with FF7, but I wasn't impressed by the tiny character models in the game.

The first Final Fantasy game I played was Final Fantasy Tactics  Advance at about the age of 10.  I saw it in my friends house, played a little and after a week I went and bought it.  It was the best game I've ever played then.  It involved RPG elements , where you would customize your character, along with a very addictive story-line and a long  to top that.  I remember playing this game at night hidden under my blanket to try to defeat a boss enemy!

I had created a warrior -> fighter character that I would be very proud of. This game was also my first contact with RPG games in general. There are still days that I want to start the story all over again. Maybe it's because I was a kid back then , but remembering back to this game it has a certain dreamy essence. I don't know how else to describe it .

Final Fantasy VII was the first Final Fantasy game I finished. I was even too eager to finish the game already and fight Sephiroth already. Every time I get to fight strong bosses such as Jenova, I get so really hyped and want to know how strong I have built my characters. One thing I regret in finishing the game too early was that I wasn't able to grow strong enough to defeat the Ruby and Emerald Weapons. Planning to play it again soon. Hoping that the rumored remake would be released already. How I missed those days. I really love the game so much and I also hope that the remake won't be disappointing.