Derek

New FFE Frontpage

To better expose the community activity and display news posts in less of a early 2000's style, I've just launched a new temporary homepage with the latest news and latest topics streamed directly onto it. Nothing major nor too invested in but a welcomed improvement I hope!

New Homepage: https://ffextreme.com
Old Site: https://ffextreme.com/?old=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on all the efforts which you have invested in the site so far and from the looks of it, the new homepage looks great. The old one was good but I believe that this current one is a lot more better. Still looking forward to seeing increased improvements as the day goes by. 

2 minutes ago, Martinsx said:

Congratulations on all the efforts which you have invested in the site so far and from the looks of it, the new homepage looks great. The old one was good but I believe that this current one is a lot more better. Still looking forward to seeing increased improvements as the day goes by. 

I agree. This has been one of the best forums so far. I really like how everything's clean and polished. The community is also filled with kind and friendly people. I look forward to the continuous growth of FFE. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 10:48 AM, Steve5 said:

I agree. This has been one of the best forums so far. I really like how everything's clean and polished. The community is also filled with kind and friendly people. I look forward to the continuous growth of FFE. :classic_biggrin:

I had a great time posting on the site when it came out new because I'm sure to have made so much posts then. I remembered one day I came to post and saw that the site is undergoing upgrades and later went off for a while before getting back online. So, I'm thrilled to have the site back and up and running. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Martinsx said:

I had a great time posting on the site when it came out new because I'm sure to have made so much posts then. I remembered one day I came to post and saw that the site is undergoing upgrades and later went off for a while before getting back online. So, I'm thrilled to have the site back and up and running. 

That's awesome. It definitely shows that it had a great community even back then. What's cool is how old members are talking about previous stuff discussed in the old forums. They just have this bond and friendship to them. The conversations are very relaxed. 😄

15 hours ago, Steve5 said:

That's awesome. It definitely shows that it had a great community even back then. What's cool is how old members are talking about previous stuff discussed in the old forums. They just have this bond and friendship to them. The conversations are very relaxed. 😄

Yes, you are very correct my friend. The site was a great place to be back then when I came across it. I have known about Final Fantasy games but not well intrigued about the game till I bumped into the forum and got to meet a huge fan base of the gaming franchise. This influenced my getting hooked up to playing the game more often once more. 

I'd be happy either way if you decide to revert back to the old forums. The look just screams nostalgia for me. I started posting on forums way back in the early 2000's. I just dig the look and feel of it compared to the forums of today. They just look too generic and templatey. No offense.

6 hours ago, Martinsx said:

Yes, you are very correct my friend. The site was a great place to be back then when I came across it. I have known about Final Fantasy games but not well intrigued about the game till I bumped into the forum and got to meet a huge fan base of the gaming franchise. This influenced my getting hooked up to playing the game more often once more. 

I also liked the anime series. I guess Final Fantasy is one of those games that will continue to have a huge following. The cool thing about it is the graphics. They're so clear and crisp that you can't help but stare at them while playing. 😀

16 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I also liked the anime series. I guess Final Fantasy is one of those games that will continue to have a huge following. The cool thing about it is the graphics. They're so clear and crisp that you can't help but stare at them while playing. 😀

Well, with Final Fantasy games at series 15 at the moment, I would say that Square Enix haven't taken its foot off the gas in trying to get the game topping the charts of most RPG. Even if they slow down now, they have done a great job but from the looks of things, they are not stopping. We are very eager to see the remake of FFVII. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Martinsx said:

Well, with Final Fantasy games at series 15 at the moment, I would say that Square Enix haven't taken its foot off the gas in trying to get the game topping the charts of most RPG. Even if they slow down now, they have done a great job but from the looks of things, they are not stopping. We are very eager to see the remake of FFVII. 

That's amazing. I think they're very competitive when it comes to this series. It's probably their star game in the sense that everyone loves it. I don't think they'll slow down any time soon. The fans are just too excited for every new release. 😀

19 hours ago, Steve5 said:

That's amazing. I think they're very competitive when it comes to this series. It's probably their star game in the sense that everyone loves it. I don't think they'll slow down any time soon. The fans are just too excited for every new release. 😀

Well, it's not all about the fans anymore but also as a result of the money that the company Square Enix is making off the games in series. They are making too much money to stop production now. Take a look at the demand gamers are seeking with the remake of Final Fantasy VII, that's millions of dollars on the pipeline. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Martinsx said:

Well, it's not all about the fans anymore but also as a result of the money that the company Square Enix is making off the games in series. They are making too much money to stop production now. Take a look at the demand gamers are seeking with the remake of Final Fantasy VII, that's millions of dollars on the pipeline. 

I can definitely see that. It's probably what game companies do. Their primary drive comes from the profits they'll make. It's a good relationship between them and the fans. The users get what they want and the company earns from loyal players of the game. 😀

On 9/30/2018 at 1:02 PM, Steve5 said:

I can definitely see that. It's probably what game companies do. Their primary drive comes from the profits they'll make. It's a good relationship between them and the fans. The users get what they want and the company earns from loyal players of the game. 😀

Yes, exactly what I'm looking at with some of the games most of the gaming companies release out to the general public. There are some games that doesn't meet the expectations of the fans, there is a possibility that the company will be well aware of the such lapses with the game but they still go on with its release which only justify the fact that they are after money and not just the satisfaction of the fans.