Jump to content
darkeclipse21

Last Person to Post Here Wins

Recommended Posts

The rules are simple: this is the basic, spamming chat to talk about absolutely nothing. Whoever posts here last, wins
Previous winner was GRAV. We can't let him win again

  • Cookie Monster 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I AM WINNER!!!

 

But uhh....Kinda prefer no one ever wins this thread as the only way to win is.... well... a bad end=/

 

Also good man dood eclipse, forgot one rule. Every post must have a declaration of WINNING at the end!

 

And on that point. WINNING!!

Edited by GRAV
Accidentaly posted before finishing post.

Share this post


Link to post

The problem with winning is that it's too fleeting. One moment you're the winner, the next it's someone else. Why, I think you'd have to make an effort to come here every day to win something like this.

And I know I've got the dedication of a winner

Share this post


Link to post

Bah! I say. Bah! Once a winner always a winner! XD

You know.... I think this game hit around 400-500 pages (possibly more. My memory is broke as hell) before the posts were stopped. I only just now realise how much that is.

I also just realise how spammy this will be till we get more members to prevent me from WINNING again XD XP

Share this post


Link to post

According to the wayback machine, in 2007 it was at 184 pages. Unfortunately that's as far back as it would let me see that forum, but it paints a picture, that's for sure.

And sure enough, every post sure was:

I win

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe I should get a vB 3.8 license and put up the old forum as an read-only archive lol.

Also, I win once again.

Share this post


Link to post

That would be pretty cool, but mostly in a nostalgia sense. I suppose that means I'm all for it, though, because I am very sentimental.

I actually continued trying to post in these forums up to around 2015/2016 or something, hoping maybe he rescinded the ban on posting. I was also hoping against hopes that I could get the contact information of a few more people who had been around, but I guess they must have split once they realized it was officially dead. I talked to DuMbAsS (AKA Lai) about it, and he said he might come check it out. Unfortunately, he and GRAV were the only ones I ever got info from.
So now I'm shilling to all my friends who are even lukewarm on FF, haha

And a winner is me

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/29/2018 at 9:39 PM, darkeclipse21 said:

That would be pretty cool, but mostly in a nostalgia sense. I suppose that means I'm all for it, though, because I am very sentimental.

I actually continued trying to post in these forums up to around 2015/2016 or something, hoping maybe he rescinded the ban on posting. I was also hoping against hopes that I could get the contact information of a few more people who had been around, but I guess they must have split once they realized it was officially dead. I talked to DuMbAsS (AKA Lai) about it, and he said he might come check it out. Unfortunately, he and GRAV were the only ones I ever got info from.
So now I'm shilling to all my friends who are even lukewarm on FF, haha

And a winner is me

I'd probably be able to tackle such a design project after the new FFE site is online. Like, the new site is setup in such a way that it could easily work, just still requires lots of design work and coding.

Yeah, Ralph wanted a lot for the site but the visitor count was going down and down over the years. He didn't put in the effort to keep the site alive and that's really tragic tbh. The site used to get thousands of people per day but now it gets low hundreds and he still wanted more than the site makes in 5 years IF the visitor number remained the same for that long. But, since FFE has potential to be great again and the site means a lot to me, I finally bought it. Haven't made back the investment and the numbers have dipped, so meh.

...

I'm also failing in the spam forum by having a serious-ish convo but... STILL WINNING.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Oh ye gods.... If we get to read the old forums.... t3h mi87i357 3d83 10rd 0f b4d 8r4mm4z 4nd m0p3%n355 will be revealed to the light of day once more! But no seriously, I was such a mopey edgelord and whiner XD Read my posts at your own risk XP

Sadly I still can't get in touch with MagiTechElite nor LadyLamont=/ Magi seems to either no longer access the accounts I have or she ignoring me. And trying to find LadyLamont's contact info in my email account is like trying to find a specific partical in all the universe=/.... Actually, that reminds me; Will check Gaia as a few peeps from yore was on that there site too.

 

Also's, all your winz are belong to me XD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/31/2018 at 7:56 PM, Derek said:

Yeah, Ralph wanted a lot for the site but the visitor count was going down and down over the years. He didn't put in the effort to keep the site alive and that's really tragic tbh. The site used to get thousands of people per day but now it gets low hundreds and he still wanted more than the site makes in 5 years IF the visitor number remained the same for that long. But, since FFE has potential to be great again and the site means a lot to me, I finally bought it. Haven't made back the investment and the numbers have dipped, so meh.

 

Hopefully the closer we get to KH3, the more information we'll be able to post on the website anyways. Square has been pretty tight-lipped for the past few years, admitting that the announcements they've had have been premature and only made to appease those who were beginning to give up hope projects were still being worked on. As people begin to search more for KH3 info, so long as we provide it, we may be more likely to get some views.
E3 would have been a nice time for this, as people scour to get every possible opinion, but I know little enough about web design to know it must be a fearsome beast to be reckoned with.

I just remember that we constantly pleaded with the admin (I guess that would have been Ralph) to make one of us a mod to help clean up the spam, and allow the site to get back into business. The silence we got was pretty much as loud as it could have been. It's a shame that it deteriorated to such a point, but I'm happy to know someone cared enough to try and get this all up and running; to that extent, you 100% have my support. I've been trying to scour for any bit of Square Enix news for this genre, but it's been pretty hard to find, or several months outdated, at which point I wonder where the line is between the need for information and the need for relevant information.

Hopefully we'll get into some luck with a square conference or something about the FF7 remake. If we can get our hands on any of that, things might take a sudden turn as people cling to all the hope they can get of additional information.

And, to be fair, spam has always been a genre of "anything goes" as far as I've been concerned. Serious talk isn't too offensive, so long as everyone knows I win in the end

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, darkeclipse21 said:

Hopefully the closer we get to KH3, the more information we'll be able to post on the website anyways. Square has been pretty tight-lipped for the past few years, admitting that the announcements they've had have been premature and only made to appease those who were beginning to give up hope projects were still being worked on. As people begin to search more for KH3 info, so long as we provide it, we may be more likely to get some views.
E3 would have been a nice time for this, as people scour to get every possible opinion, but I know little enough about web design to know it must be a fearsome beast to be reckoned with.

I just remember that we constantly pleaded with the admin (I guess that would have been Ralph) to make one of us a mod to help clean up the spam, and allow the site to get back into business. The silence we got was pretty much as loud as it could have been. It's a shame that it deteriorated to such a point, but I'm happy to know someone cared enough to try and get this all up and running; to that extent, you 100% have my support. I've been trying to scour for any bit of Square Enix news for this genre, but it's been pretty hard to find, or several months outdated, at which point I wonder where the line is between the need for information and the need for relevant information.

Hopefully we'll get into some luck with a square conference or something about the FF7 remake. If we can get our hands on any of that, things might take a sudden turn as people cling to all the hope they can get of additional information.

And, to be fair, spam has always been a genre of "anything goes" as far as I've been concerned. Serious talk isn't too offensive, so long as everyone knows I win in the end

It's really too bad cause like, the site was doing really well at the time Ralph took over but then not updating it and shutting down the forums was just... What killed the site. The site went from thousands of daily visits to... Well a couple hundred now. The price he wanted to sell for was still high for the ROI at the time (2016). But I'm optimistic the site can go back to it's glory days and the price was more for personal reasons than investment.

Yeah, the only issue is that the posts within the spam forum aren't counted on the post tally! All that effort and no epeen!

But hey, I'm winning again.

On 8/1/2018 at 4:15 AM, GRAV said:

Will check Gaia as a few peeps from yore was on that there site too.

Please do! The only luck I've had is when I imported the old member list. Granted that was ~1,100 members out of the 5,000 - will try pinging the remaining. I only imported members with at least 1 post.

Still winning

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, I guess I wasn't fully aware that it didn't count towards the total post count. I suppose that may have been an issue Ralph didn't smile upon us, we were basically just S**tposting by the end of it.
But it was the only real activity we had to discuss. That, and it's hard to hold long talks about FFXIII which had just come out, because I was the only one on the site left who actually enjoyed playing it. x.x
Doesn't mean I smiled upon all the sequelitis it got, though.

+1 Win~

Share this post


Link to post

Gaia was a no go sadly. Magi has'nt been on since 2013ish. I also can't seem to locate LadyLamont's email either; I fear it my have been deleted during one of my purges=/ And unfortuanately I did'nt really get anyone elses info>.>; Wasn't what one would call a socialite.

 

On 8/8/2018 at 7:02 AM, darkeclipse21 said:

Oh, I guess I wasn't fully aware that it didn't count towards the total post count. I suppose that may have been an issue Ralph didn't smile upon us, we were basically just S**tposting by the end of it.
But it was the only real activity we had to discuss. That, and it's hard to hold long talks about FFXIII which had just come out, because I was the only one on the site left who actually enjoyed playing it. x.x
Doesn't mean I smiled upon all the sequelitis it got, though.

+1 Win~

Huh... Did not know that... Probably did'nt help that the last few thousnd posts were probably form the same three or four people *nudge nudge* *wink wink*

 

That's cos FFXIII suxorz! Cept Serah and Vanille. They are win and lord. I enjoyed the sequel more than the originalXD

 

I has recived +5 Win of WINNING!

Share this post


Link to post

I've been trying to talk a few people into it, but I have the issue of the people who spend a lot of time online not really playing Final Fantasy, and the people I know who play FF don't really spend a lot of time online. At least, not on forums.

GRAV, we'll have these arguments again over XIII if we must. It really wasn't even that bad. If anything, Vanille and Fang are one of my least favorite parts because of the caddiness.
Well, Lightning Returns kinda blew, so I guess I'll give that up. It had so much potential, for a series that didn't need sequels

Your winning is revoked, and transferred to me. Like one of those star switches in Mario Party

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, darkeclipse21 said:

I've been trying to talk a few people into it, but I have the issue of the people who spend a lot of time online not really playing Final Fantasy, and the people I know who play FF don't really spend a lot of time online. At least, not on forums.

GRAV, we'll have these arguments again over XIII if we must. It really wasn't even that bad. If anything, Vanille and Fang are one of my least favorite parts because of the caddiness.
Well, Lightning Returns kinda blew, so I guess I'll give that up. It had so much potential, for a series that didn't need sequels

Your winning is revoked, and transferred to me. Like one of those star switches in Mario Party

The net has changed a lot since the rise of social media, especially with the popularity of Reddit (which is basically a huge forum).

Most forums these days keep their activity because they a long time runners with a built up community. Ralph REALLY messed that up 😕 And while importing the members from the past forums brought some people back, those emails are nearly a decade old and many likely no longer work. Without a strong base of like 20 people, generating content on a fresh forum is difficult.

I appreciate the help everyone can do and I'm sure as things pick up more, there will be more people interested in the forums. But for now, it's our playground 😄

(winning)

Share this post


Link to post

ah I’m not sure if this is helpful, but I can extend the site out to a few friends and see if anyone would be interested! I know a lot of my friends like final fantasy so I don’t see why not

gonna do my part for the site!

(winning? why do I feel like 2012 era Charlie sheen...)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Nell said:

ah I’m not sure if this is helpful, but I can extend the site out to a few friends and see if anyone would be interested! I know a lot of my friends like final fantasy so I don’t see why not

gonna do my part for the site!

(winning? why do I feel like 2012 era Charlie sheen...)

The more the merrier! These forums are fresh and now is the opportunity to be one of the first members!

Around August 27th, I'm going to prune the member count of 1,100ish people to only those that have posted at least once. This will help keep things clean of inactive accounts and free up names. The old database has over 5,000 but only 1,100 or so of them actually posted at least once on the old forums, but I'll be reaching out to all of them when the full site releases.

Lastly... WINNER

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly, everyone who is willing to join can make a little difference. People are much more likely to join a site that has 50 people, as opposed to 5, since it increases the diversity of opinion.
Although when it was only 5 people, we did get to learn a lot about each other, so that's pretty nice too.

It's unfortunate a lot of people have probably changed e-mails in the past few years, but it's nice that they'll be given an extended time to join up with the old details. It helps a lot, too, for people that were hoping to recognize others (I'd have been able to tell GRAV instantly, whether he changed his username or not, though).

Winning~

Share this post


Link to post

Bah! Is no argument. Vanille + Serah = Life! XD But seriously. XIII blew so hard you could use it to blow a SNES cartridge! But yeah... Lightning Returns was/is absolute crap=/ The time they wasted on that should have been used for XV.

 

Also, blue shell incoming! Now imma winner is me!

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/13/2018 at 5:30 PM, darkeclipse21 said:

Honestly, everyone who is willing to join can make a little difference. People are much more likely to join a site that has 50 people, as opposed to 5, since it increases the diversity of opinion.
Although when it was only 5 people, we did get to learn a lot about each other, so that's pretty nice too.

It's unfortunate a lot of people have probably changed e-mails in the past few years, but it's nice that they'll be given an extended time to join up with the old details. It helps a lot, too, for people that were hoping to recognize others (I'd have been able to tell GRAV instantly, whether he changed his username or not, though).

Winning~

i asked my best friend and he was all "i don't like final fantasy nell you know this" and "i'm too cool for internet forums because i live in a forest and have no internet half the time" like a jerk, so no such luck there.

i feel like...if i had not joined back under tehsecretardor, i'd probably still be recognized?? by like you two at least but who knows. GRAV says i haven't changed that much so probably?

On 8/13/2018 at 7:48 PM, GRAV said:

Bah! Is no argument. Vanille + Serah = Life! XD But seriously. XIII blew so hard you could use it to blow a SNES cartridge! But yeah... Lightning Returns was/is absolute crap=/ The time they wasted on that should have been used for XV.

 

Also, blue shell incoming! Now imma winner is me!

i tried really hard to play FFXIII but the battle system was weird and i couldn't get the hang of it so i gave up ;-; bUT once Falcom / Trails in the Sky has released my soul, i want to give it another try!!!

winning? i don't remember this being a rule in the old forum tbh but i am obligated

Share this post


Link to post

Verbal Tics and such are hard to totally pass up. It's probably the case, either way, I just know GRAV is unmistakeable.

I loved the combat system of XIII, but the game definitely takes time to open up, which probably steered a lot of people away. I loved the fact that saboteurs made status ailments against enemies something that actually is worthwhile, as opposed to most final Fantasy and JRPGs (although, weirdly enough, I found status effects to usually be worth it in Persona).
I always want a balance between things that are good for the computer and for the player, so that at least made me happy. The whole "game over if leader dies" mechanic was stupid, but fixed in XIII-2, for whatever that's worth.

Winning was present through a lot of the game's life, which we joined admittedly late into. By the time of the site's end, we were basically just spamming, anyways, so there was no need to add it.

Still winning, though

Share this post


Link to post

Ehh... I think our recognition of one anothers forum posting is probably a side effect of having done nothing but post on forums for...what...3 or 4 years starightXD
Also, how is my unmistakeable dood? XD

Ja... That bull about "if leader dies you LOSE SUCKA" was total absolute crap and was among the dumbest choices ever made by a dev team-.- We should just be thankful they did'nt make it game over when one of your party members died>.>

Im not certain anymore if it was an OP rule or not, but it was certainly implemented long before we became way active in the thread.

WINNA WINNA CHICKEN DINNA!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post

GRAV, I don't even know many people anymore who use XD unironically, so that would be a big tip off, haha. I tend to type as stuffy and formal as possible, and your informality is impossible to overlook, which isn't a bad thing, because this is all an internet forum anyways.
You're also one of the few people I know who spells 'dood' like a prinny.

Actually, the Persona series also has the stipulation that if the leader dies it's game over, so it's just some old Japan thing that they brought back for whatever reason. Makes it a real pain in the butt if something just nukes you

Share this post


Link to post

yeah, i would say GRAV has probably the most easily distinguishable typing style haha. though i think i'd still have recognized Eclipse's just as well. you both have a somewhat unique cadence to your posts that distinguishes you haha. or maybe that's just me.

the fire emblem series has that too, at least the 3DS variations. i know for sure Awakening does, not just the leader either - if either your character or Chrom dies in battle, it's game over. older games also had it so if a character was defeated in a battle, they were gone forever, but the 3DS ones made that an option rather than a necessity. like it seems like a weird mechanic, but i kind of it like it for strategy based games like that! i think it adds a bit more emphasis on the strategy part, if a little unforgiving. maybe i'm weird though haha

also...Eclipse forgot to declare he was winning. so i guess i get to steal this from GRAV - winning!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×