FFExtreme Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wallet

The good Samaritan!

Many people in this world are good samaritan for other people, they help with stuff, money or donate what they don't use anymore. I was a good Samaritan for a girl from a small village, her parents died and she is raised by her grandma that has 80 years old, the old woman doesn't have money for the little girl (9 years old), she cannot go to school because she doesn't have school supplies and clothes. I have made a campaign in my city to help her out and we gathered enough money for her and this month she started to go to school. Her smile when she saw the things we bought her was brilliant.  I am sorry that we couldn't help her with more money.

Have you been a good Samaritan for anyone or did you a good deed for someone?

“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” If I can help someone I will.  However, for the past few years, I've been the one receiving instead of the one giving. So I can tell from my own personal experience that there are definitely a lot of good Samaritans in this world. 😍

Yes I have done that before, I help those street children in simple ways such as giving them some food to eat and some extra clothes so that they have something wear during cold weather whenever I have some extra money. It really feels good to help others at  your pwn means even in just doing simple things that would really make them happy. It is really worth it to help others who have not been so lucky with their lives.

I did something I couldn't imagine that I could. It happened few years ago. Well, not for other people but to my little sister. It actually almost cost my life. This is what happened - my family and I went on a resort and of course we are very excited to have fun in the swimming pool. Unfortunately, me and my little sister decided to try the 6 feet pool. We were actually both young at that time and we couldn't think how dangerous it is to dive in that deep water knowing that we were both have no idea how to swim. In short, we're not swimmers. We jumped on to the pool but we have a lifebuoy so we're not actually going deep down. But the horrible thing is that the lifebuoy doesn't support two people.  We were struggling that time already and my little sister is on panic. It seems like, in our situation, one of us should let go. My mind gave me a quick thought of what if I don't still let go, maybe we will both be on danger. That's why I decided to let my little sister hang on the lifebuoy and for my self - I don't know, I was already going deep down in the water and I was drinking so much water as well. The only thing that I prioritized that time is to save my little sister so only one of us might die. Yes, dying is already in my mind from that situation - and I chose my self. But luckily! There's someone who save me too! I thank Lord God to give me another chance and I swear that I'll be more careful next time. Of course I also prayed and thanked that person who saved me. 

On 10/1/2018 at 1:24 AM, wallet said:

Many people in this world are good samaritan for other people, they help with stuff, money or donate what they don't use anymore. I was a good Samaritan for a girl from a small village, her parents died and she is raised by her grandma that has 80 years old, the old woman doesn't have money for the little girl (9 years old), she cannot go to school because she doesn't have school supplies and clothes. I have made a campaign in my city to help her out and we gathered enough money for her and this month she started to go to school. Her smile when she saw the things we bought her was brilliant.  I am sorry that we couldn't help her with more money.

Have you been a good Samaritan for anyone or did you a good deed for someone?

There is a saying that goes "Try not to become a man of success, rather become a man of value." My hat goes off to you man since you are doing something positive in this world. Not a lot of people will do the things that you have done. I hope you continue what you started and when you become big, maybe start a foundation or a non-profit organization to help the less fortunate ones. All the best!

One thing that I have always know is that there is need for us to do good. I have helped people as well in any possible way that I can and the thing is that as long as what I am doing is something that is going to make people happy, I don't think twice before doing so. 

Yes, I did a good deed for others. My sister is a teacher and last year of December, she received a lot of gifts from her students like chocolates and pastries. Pastries can easily get expired and we knew that we could not consume them immediately. So we decided to give that food to the homeless. Seeing them smiling after getting the food is priceless. We hope that we can do it again this coming December. 

Love hearing heart warming stories like these - I think they inspire all of us to be better people! I think it’s important to try and do good things in the world. I try and volunteer in my local community when I can, including preparing food for the homeless. It’s a nice thing being able to give back to people who may be struggling right now.

Yes one has to do everything that is possible to help the people who need your help. I do always donate a small percentage of my income to a charitable organization in my city which takes care of orphan children. I also do participate in fundraising activities for mentally challenged and spastic children in my city. 

I think that no matter how bad other people their are still some goodness in their hearts, I believe that in due time there will always be some good Samaritan that are willing to help other people who are in need of help without expecting some return for their hard work and sacrifice. I think that it is the true essence of the good Samaritan which is to do good  things in his fellowmen, and I am glad that there are still some people who are doing these nowadays . No matter how hard the situation that we are facing now, still we do not forget to help and share our blessings to other people.

On 10/18/2018 at 2:54 AM, superlicca said:

Yes, I did a good deed for others. My sister is a teacher and last year of December, she received a lot of gifts from her students like chocolates and pastries. Pastries can easily get expired and we knew that we could not consume them immediately. So we decided to give that food to the homeless. Seeing them smiling after getting the food is priceless. We hope that we can do it again this coming December. 

This is something that is going to be appreciated by those people that are homeless. The thing is doing good where you don't expect any reward from the people is good. 

What you did is really good, I was a good samaritan to a stranger with an ill father, he was asking for money that time so I gave him all of my money and send it to his account, it was not much since i was still a student that time, but I was really proud of myself for giving him the money.