wallet

Playing games

Many people got addicted by playing games and they forget to eat drink or socialize anyome, thank God that I do not belong to this category, I do play games almost every day, it is true that there are times when I am lazy to get something to eat but I am not abusing my time.

Which category do you belong, the addicted ones or the other players?

I was a member of the addicted ones before, way back 2014. I got addicted to Clash of Clans, and I play the game the moment I wake up until the time that I sleep. The same routine the next day, repeat, repeat, repeat. It was fun until I realized that it's time for me to work my ass off and get a decent job. Fun's over.

I guess I am part of the "other" now. Just like you, I still spend a fraction of my time to entertain myself by playing games, but I prioritize tasks and chores nowadays. I do believe it's not that bad to get addicted to something as long as you love what you are doing and it betters yourself in the long run. 

What some gamers are lacking is self discipline and that is not actually cool. You should always try to balance your lifestyle between when you should be playing some games and the time for you to get to relate with people around you. This is the basics for a healthy lifestyle for getting addicted to one thing is not nice. 

For me, gaming doesn't stop me from getting some of the things that I want to do on a daily basis done. I try to keep everything in the balance as well. 😁😁

I played game alot but not to the point that I forgot myself to eat properly or not eat in the right time.  I play games to relax and have a good time while playing.  I think the problem of other people who gone addicted to games are lack of guidance of the family are him/her. Playing game is good but too much can really lead to a serious addiction.

Let me just categorize my addiction to playing games with say 60% at the moment especially when I'm on work leave. Having to play games would practically be on top of days priority charts and you can't really blame me for doing so because remember that all works and no play makes Martins a dull dude. 

Playing games was one of my favorite past time if I have nothing to do or just waiting for a friend to come. Although I cannot deny that I was once been addicted to it because it is really amusing and amazing to have. You will even forget the time just by playing games which is one of the disadvantages of playing games.

I'm probably part of the other. I don't really obsess over playing a game. But I do try my best to finish it as soon as possible. Though, most games nowadays are designed to be played long-term. So I'm playing less games since I'm focusing on other more important stuff. 😀

I’m definitely not addicted, I think gaming has actually brought more friends into my life which is cool! I think like anything in life, having balance is important. Without that you’ll definitely find problems!

Way back about 12 years or so, I was so addicted to this game called Ragnarok Online. It's a classic JMMORPG. It's one of those grinding type of games where reaching a level sometimes takes 1 month or so. You reset 2 times from level 99 to 1 to reach the last job. I'd spend so much time into internet cafes that it wasn't healthy. Mind you I was still in elementary school back then. When my family got internet in our house, I became a shut in. I'd only go out to go to school.

I only spend a lot of time playing games if I have waited for the game's release for a long time. It happened to me when Final Fantasy XV was released. I went to the store as early as the mall opened so I would be the first in line. I played Final Fantasy XV the whole week. This might happen to me again when Kingdom Hearts gets released. 😄

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EfficientNinja said:

I only spend a lot of time playing games if I have waited for the game's release for a long time. It happened to me when Final Fantasy XV was released. I went to the store as early as the mall opened so I would be the first in line. I played Final Fantasy XV the whole week. This might happen to me again when Kingdom Hearts gets released. 😄

This is me. Currently doing a small job while I do studies. But when a new game hits (or a new patch on FFXIV) I may take a few days, if affordable, just to sit on my ass and tear that game up if I've really been anticipating it's release.

On 10/5/2018 at 9:17 AM, Martinsx said:

Let me just categorize my addiction to playing games with say 60% at the moment especially when I'm on work leave. Having to play games would practically be on top of days priority charts and you can't really blame me for doing so because remember that all works and no play makes Martins a dull dude. 

The thing is that as a true gamer, you can't just deal without playing games. The issue that I am having with some people is that they focus on gaming to the extent that they would now be leaving the things that they should do and playing games. This is the addiction that I don't like. 

3 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

The thing is that as a true gamer, you can't just deal without playing games. The issue that I am having with some people is that they focus on gaming to the extent that they would now be leaving the things that they should do and playing games. This is the addiction that I don't like. 

How funny that sounds but it's absolutely true in all dimension. There are some games that you can never resist the urge not to play once you have started playing it. You are bound to get addicted to it. The only way to prevent getting addicted is to never play the game at all. 

On 10/6/2018 at 6:39 AM, rlpzbeermoney said:

Way back about 12 years or so, I was so addicted to this game called Ragnarok Online. It's a classic JMMORPG. It's one of those grinding type of games where reaching a level sometimes takes 1 month or so. You reset 2 times from level 99 to 1 to reach the last job. I'd spend so much time into internet cafes that it wasn't healthy. Mind you I was still in elementary school back then. When my family got internet in our house, I became a shut in. I'd only go out to go to school.

I can relate to you. As for me, I got hooked to an MMORPG titled FLYFF. I also get to spend hours and hours of playing it on cafes and spend money on ridiculous power-ups to enhance my character. I missed a semester of school because of it.

20 hours ago, NerdIndeed said:

I can relate to you. As for me, I got hooked to an MMORPG titled FLYFF. I also get to spend hours and hours of playing it on cafes and spend money on ridiculous power-ups to enhance my character. I missed a semester of school because of it.

MMORPG games can be very addictive because most people that I know to play them never let go so easily. 

What's the best MMORPG you have played so far in your gaming experience? 

I love playing games but I consider this as my pastime only. I am not the type of player who will skip her meal just to finish the game. I manage my time for everything. There should be time for playing and doing some important things. 

I really like to play games whenever I am tired doing a long hours of office works since it lessen the stress that I feel when playing a games either in my PC or in my mobile. It is one of my favorite before going to bed because I want to have a peace of mind that is why I'll just play games for just a few minutes before I go to sleep. 

On 10/8/2018 at 9:49 AM, Martinsx said:

How funny that sounds but it's absolutely true in all dimension. There are some games that you can never resist the urge not to play once you have started playing it. You are bound to get addicted to it. The only way to prevent getting addicted is to never play the game at all. 

Well, to some extent, we could have that feeling that playing the game is the best thing to do. However, we tend to forget that getting some other daily activities work is a better way to balance things. 

I used to play games and forget the duties that I have for the day, but at the moment, I don't think that this is something that I should be doing at the moment. 

8 hours ago, Martinsx said:

MMORPG games can be very addictive because most people that I know to play them never let go so easily. 

What's the best MMORPG you have played so far in your gaming experience? 

I just noticed you're Heatman, and I know you :). Anyways, you're right. I was one of those people you mentioned who never let go that easily. During those days, I was stuck in the fantasy world thinking about the game all day and night. It's the only thing I talk about with friends,  grinding for hours and hours and getting excited to reach a certain level to wear better armor and weapons. My most played MMORPG to date is FLYFF, and I played that game for almost two years.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:05 PM, anyone01 said:

I played game alot but not to the point that I forgot myself to eat properly or not eat in the right time.  I play games to relax and have a good time while playing.  I think the problem of other people who gone addicted to games are lack of guidance of the family are him/her. Playing game is good but too much can really lead to a serious addiction.

Same here. I prefer playing relaxing games. It could be that people get addicted to battles and stuff. Like how online multiplayer games are heavy on focus and adrenaline. So it also depends on the games we play. 😀

14 hours ago, Steve5 said:

Same here. I prefer playing relaxing games. It could be that people get addicted to battles and stuff. Like how online multiplayer games are heavy on focus and adrenaline. So it also depends on the games we play. 😀

Relaxing games are cool, there is no doubt about it but I really don't fancy it too much because of odd preference to violent and action games. 

Have you ever played Tekken? It's one of my old time favorites and still is at the moment because I still give it a go every now and then. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Martinsx said:

Relaxing games are cool, there is no doubt about it but I really don't fancy it too much because of odd preference to violent and action games. 

Have you ever played Tekken? It's one of my old time favorites and still is at the moment because I still give it a go every now and then. 

It's fine. We all have our preferences. I just like the idleness of relaxing games. Anxiety can be a pain so I tend to avoid stressful games. Yes, I've played Tekken. Though, I remember playing it on the arcade. I like that it has many versions. 😀

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steve5 said:

It's fine. We all have our preferences. I just like the idleness of relaxing games. Anxiety can be a pain so I tend to avoid stressful games. Yes, I've played Tekken. Though, I remember playing it on the arcade. I like that it has many versions. 😀

Yeah, the anxiety and rush of adrenalin pumping when playing such action packed games is actually the main reason for getting into it in the first place. The thrills are very satisfying. Sometimes, I end up sweating from just catching fun playing such games. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Martinsx said:

Yeah, the anxiety and rush of adrenalin pumping when playing such action packed games is actually the main reason for getting into it in the first place. The thrills are very satisfying. Sometimes, I end up sweating from just catching fun playing such games. 

Funny how that happens. Even when playing games we tend to produce sweat from adrenaline rush. Some people enjoy that. It means they're really working on the battles. Such games are challenging to play. 😀

14 hours ago, Steve5 said:

Funny how that happens. Even when playing games we tend to produce sweat from adrenaline rush. Some people enjoy that. It means they're really working on the battles. Such games are challenging to play. 😀

You are absolutely correct my friend. There are some games that gives my life serious trouble in order for me to complete it as I will not have rest till its done. 

I can still remember one particular game called Frontline Commando, it got to one stage I had to sleep in a sunny afternoon to think of how to complete that stage. It set my head on fire. 

• Haha 1