FFExtreme Forums
wallet

Playing games

8 hours ago, Martinsx said:

You are absolutely correct my friend. There are some games that gives my life serious trouble in order for me to complete it as I will not have rest till its done. 

I can still remember one particular game called Frontline Commando, it got to one stage I had to sleep in a sunny afternoon to think of how to complete that stage. It set my head on fire. 

That's crazy. But it's also very true. There really are games that keep us up. Especially, if we can't finish them. I remember playing Mega Man and not being able to go past a difficult stage. I played for hours but still ended up losing. 😂

16 hours ago, Steve5 said:

That's crazy. But it's also very true. There really are games that keep us up. Especially, if we can't finish them. I remember playing Mega Man and not being able to go past a difficult stage. I played for hours but still ended up losing. 😂

Haha, I have dropped so many games that I can count on this same reason. It will get so difficult you can't actually get past and complete that level no matter what you do. 

There is no manual or guide for you to use and navigate through that difficult stage and you end up getting stuck there. It's so frustrating. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Martinsx said:

Haha, I have dropped so many games that I can count on this same reason. It will get so difficult you can't actually get past and complete that level no matter what you do. 

There is no manual or guide for you to use and navigate through that difficult stage and you end up getting stuck there. It's so frustrating. 

I also relate. I think they call it rage quitting. It's when you abruptly decide to stop playing a game because you're emotionally overwhelmed. You're too caught up in losing. You end up feeling bad and don't want to play anymore. But we don't always do this. Sometimes we're just too tired to actually play more of the game. We end up going to sleep. 😂

12 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I also relate. I think they call it rage quitting. It's when you abruptly decide to stop playing a game because you're emotionally overwhelmed. You're too caught up in losing. You end up feeling bad and don't want to play anymore. But we don't always do this. Sometimes we're just too tired to actually play more of the game. We end up going to sleep. 😂

Seriously, some games are designed to never be completed in my opinion because when you see the task such games posses for one to finish, it will be completely useless trying over and over again and still keep losing over and over again. It's so useless to me by still trying to finish the game. So, I would quit it and start to play a new one. 

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2018 at 4:06 PM, Martinsx said:

Seriously, some games are designed to never be completed in my opinion because when you see the task such games posses for one to finish, it will be completely useless trying over and over again and still keep losing over and over again. It's so useless to me by still trying to finish the game. So, I would quit it and start to play a new one. 

I know, right? There are many games out there. Certainly a lot with much better odds of winning. It's not even fun anymore when you keep losing. There are actually games designed to frustrate users into quitting. One famous example right now is called Getting Over It. It's such a bizarre and emotionally taxing game. 😂

9 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I know, right? There are many games out there. Certainly a lot with much better odds of winning. It's not even fun anymore when you keep losing. There are actually games designed to frustrate users into quitting. One famous example right now is called Getting Over It. It's such a bizarre and emotionally taxing game. 😂

Exactly! When I try my best to make sure I complete any game which I started playing but it seems very obvious that I can't get it done, I wouldn't kill myself trying to finish what can't be finished, so I simply move on to another game. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Martinsx said:

Exactly! When I try my best to make sure I complete any game which I started playing but it seems very obvious that I can't get it done, I wouldn't kill myself trying to finish what can't be finished, so I simply move on to another game. 

Yes, it sounds so simple. But doing it is really another thing. I guess games are developed with human psychology in mind. They know that most players will have a mindset that keeps them from moving on quickly to another game. That's what Getting Over It proved. 😆

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 9:39 AM, Steve5 said:

Yes, it sounds so simple. But doing it is really another thing. I guess games are developed with human psychology in mind. They know that most players will have a mindset that keeps them from moving on quickly to another game. That's what Getting Over It proved. 😆

Yes of course. One thing with games is that we are definitely going to play the ones that we can be able to play and leave out the ones we can't play. 

But I have noticed that sometimes, there are some games that are very difficult for me to play but are very easy for some other people to play. 

• Haha 1

Well, I was once very addicted to playing games. I could go on playing games and never get tired. I would be so involved in playing games that I would never realise whether it's morning or evening. but all this was in the past. nowadays I play whenever I get time to play games and that is usually on weekends or holidays. although on weekdays I try to squeeze in some time to play games.

8 hours ago, Martinsx said:

Yes of course. One thing with games is that we are definitely going to play the ones that we can be able to play and leave out the ones we can't play. 

But I have noticed that sometimes, there are some games that are very difficult for me to play but are very easy for some other people to play. 

It could be a skill thing. Like how some people are better at other stuff and vice-versa. You can never really tell until you play the games yourself. It's also funny how you're awesome at playing a certain game and completely amateur with a different one. One factor might be how long you play it and how well you understand the mechanics involved. 🦊

15 hours ago, Steve5 said:

It could be a skill thing. Like how some people are better at other stuff and vice-versa. You can never really tell until you play the games yourself. It's also funny how you're awesome at playing a certain game and completely amateur with a different one. One factor might be how long you play it and how well you understand the mechanics involved. 🦊

Exactly, we are all not of the same skill level and mind processing abilities, so there is every possibility of some people having better playing skill set more than others which helps them be better suited in playing some games then others. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Martinsx said:

Exactly, we are all not of the same skill level and mind processing abilities, so there is every possibility of some people having better playing skill set more than others which helps them be better suited in playing some games then others. 

I like battle games like the old style arcade. The ones where you can choose your characters. But I'm not good at it. I just enjoy playing them. So it's true that even if you're not great at a certain game, you can still find ways to enjoy it. I've seen people with great hand coordination and reflexes play expertly. 😁

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 9:59 AM, Steve5 said:

I like battle games like the old style arcade. The ones where you can choose your characters. But I'm not good at it. I just enjoy playing them. So it's true that even if you're not great at a certain game, you can still find ways to enjoy it. I've seen people with great hand coordination and reflexes play expertly. 😁

Exactly, that one isn't really good at playing a particular game or some certain games doesn't mean that the individual can't actually give the said game a try. The only thing would be that it's going to be very hard for you to complete the game soon or quickly. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Martinsx said:

Exactly, that one isn't really good at playing a particular game or some certain games doesn't mean that the individual can't actually give the said game a try. The only thing would be that it's going to be very hard for you to complete the game soon or quickly. 

That's true. Like how I used to play Mega Man for hours but still couldn't beat the first special boss. It was really difficult. It took me a long time before I could finish the game. But in a way, I enjoyed playing it. I just didn't like losing so many times. All gamers probably find it frustrating to have to start over repeatedly. 😂

You guys want to experience rage quitting a game? Get an NES emulator and play the first Ninja Gaiden game. (Or the SNES version that has all 3 compiled, same games, better graphics.)

Old school games like that were brutal.

15 hours ago, Dragoon McKnight said:

You guys want to experience rage quitting a game? Get an NES emulator and play the first Ninja Gaiden game. (Or the SNES version that has all 3 compiled, same games, better graphics.)

Old school games like that were brutal.

True, I have played the game and it frustrated me like hell. I only managed to give it a go for just two long straight weeks and had to quit it immediately because it's very obvious I'm not making any progress with it. 

The last area in the first ninja gaiden. My rage was real. This was back in the day where if you lost too many lives, you started the game over. I miss shit like that, but at the same time, I dont.

Through the years I've played many video games , but I would not say that I ever was addicted to the point of neglecting basic human needs :P.  With that being said though , I would play for hours without end until I would reach a certain point and then sleep. Otherwise I could not just go to bed. I think that's not the best of behavior , but you understand , sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. In particular I would do that over CoD zombies , and FF tactics advance when I was younger. So if you have played any of these you probably know why I did what I did. (That sounded way darker than I had in mind 😮)

I think being addicted to games can be bad if you forget to do some important things.  Even if we love playing games, we still need to be aware of our priorities and understand that games should be one of our hobbies or pastime.