Henrywrites

Gaming on mobile vs Gaming on console

This is a thread to determine whether you always prefer to game on your mobile device or are you always sticking to gaming on your game console? 

For me, I feel the same excitement whether I am gaming on my mobile device or I am doing so on my gaming console. What about you? 

I enjoy both platforms but I think I prefer console gaming more. To me it’s also easier to play with friends on a console, and I like that ability to enjoy games with other people in my life. Mobile gaming is getting better and better though!

• Cookie Monster 1

My consoles are just there gathering dust. I guess the primary problem is that I have no money to purchase games with. With mobile, it's just much more convenient with it being free-to-play but it's almost always pay-to-win.

I prefer playing on my console because I play our living room's widescreen television. When playing on mobile, you are limited to a small screen and you can't immerse yourself that much to the game. I enjoy playing arcade games on mobile but when I play story-oriented games and Final Fantasy games, I like to play them on a bigger screen.

I'm partial to consoles/pc myself. There are some nice games for mobile, but I'll always prefer consoles over IOS. The mobile gaming market is booming though, and it's not slowing down.

16 hours ago, amelia88 said:

I enjoy both platforms but I think I prefer console gaming more. To me it’s also easier to play with friends on a console, and I like that ability to enjoy games with other people in my life. Mobile gaming is getting better and better though!

Yeah, getting to play the game with friends is an opportunity that we can't easily pass away from us and this is something that gaming consoles offer. I have spent hours having a gaming battle with friends and it was fun for us all. 

I always prefer to have a gaming in my mobile because it is very convenient to have, I can play games anytime and anywhere I want since I can easily used my mobile phone. Besides playing through our mobile phone give us the feeling of calmness and leisure at some time. I feel relax whenever I am playing some games in my mobile phone.

It's hard to choose. It probably depends on the game. I'd rather go with a gaming console since it's much more compatible with games. Also, you can't beat stuff made specifically for gaming. The only advantage mobile games have is multiplayer and being online. 😀

I think both are good depending on the games you play. But I prefer to play games using my mobile since I find it more comfortable to play. I can just lay on the bed while playing using my mobile. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, junrose123 said:

I always prefer to have a gaming in my mobile because it is very convenient to have, I can play games anytime and anywhere I want since I can easily used my mobile phone. Besides playing through our mobile phone give us the feeling of calmness and leisure at some time. I feel relax whenever I am playing some games in my mobile phone.

When we talk about getting to play the game anytime soon, using mobile phone to play the game is always convenient. I have noticed that for one to get along everything, there is need for us to work things out and have both a game console as well as playing on mobile. 

On 10/8/2018 at 12:57 PM, superlicca said:

I think both are good depending on the games you play. But I prefer to play games using my mobile since I find it more comfortable to play. I can just lay on the bed while playing using my mobile. 

I can relate. It could be one of the major advantages of mobile games. You can practically play them anywhere without having a setup unlike consoles. Also, they're famous for being multiplayer. So you get to play with others anytime. 😀

On 10/6/2018 at 5:10 AM, amelia88 said:

That's so true. In fact, there's something of a hybrid going on right now. Have you heard about Nintendo Switch? It's practically like an online version of gaming console. We get to play lots of old games using the console. Nostalgia is major factor for its popularity. 😊

As much as mobile or smartphone gaming is concerned, in as much as it's fun to play using the device since it's very portable and can be taken to anywhere at any time, I wouldn't choose it over playing using console because I can't afford to have low battery as a result of using my phone to play games. 

28 minutes ago, Martinsx said:

As much as mobile or smartphone gaming is concerned, in as much as it's fun to play using the device since it's very portable and can be taken to anywhere at any time, I wouldn't choose it over playing using console because I can't afford to have low battery as a result of using my phone to play games. 

Well, I play games on the smartphone since this is one way that I can get to enjoy it for a longer period of time. I've got a battery charger that I always make use of when I noticed that the phone battery is now low. 

23 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

Well, I play games on the smartphone since this is one way that I can get to enjoy it for a longer period of time. I've got a battery charger that I always make use of when I noticed that the phone battery is now low. 

Steady electricity is a major problem where I'm staying. Sometimes, we might not see light for weeks, so we have rely on petrol generators to charge our phones. 

So, it's a very bad decision to use the phone to play games when I'm well aware there wouldn't be any electricity to charge the phone when its battery runs down. 

On 10/5/2018 at 11:36 PM, rlpzbeermoney said:

My consoles are just there gathering dust. I guess the primary problem is that I have no money to purchase games with. With mobile, it's just much more convenient with it being free-to-play but it's almost always pay-to-win.

This is one big aspect of playing the game on mobile. You will always have that opportunity to play some of those games free without much stress and this is something that you can't enjoy with the gaming console. Most of the games that can be played on game console will require you buying the game CDs. 

13 hours ago, Henrywrites said:

This is one big aspect of playing the game on mobile. You will always have that opportunity to play some of those games free without much stress and this is something that you can't enjoy with the gaming console. Most of the games that can be played on game console will require you buying the game CDs. 

Aren't you bothered with the whole pay-to-win nature of these free to play apps? Like if I play a game and I invested a lot of time in it already, I'd get somewhat competitive. It's just frustrating knowing the top dogs are using money to get ahead of the race.

On 10/8/2018 at 2:51 AM, junrose123 said:

Well,  you are right to an extent. Playing games on the mobile device is one of the ways that you can get to enjoy a whole lot of freedom of playing it anywhere you want to without feeling hooked down to a particular point. 

1 hour ago, Henrywrites said:

Well,  you are right to an extent. Playing games on the mobile device is one of the ways that you can get to enjoy a whole lot of freedom of playing it anywhere you want to without feeling hooked down to a particular point. 

Yes it is very convenient because we can easily put it in our pocket after playing for it , it is one of the advantage of mobile phone gaming than using a computer  to play a particular games because you cannot carry it somewhere if you wishes to go around for gaming purposes. But of course we have our own perception when it comes to certain things that is why we are unique on each other because we have our own instinct in playing our favorite games.